Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Those of you who have installed the t3 version, did you just run the installer on your pc and then hotsync your treo? When I ran the installer, it stuck like 6 files in the install tool, a few of which look like sound patches for the t3. since no one here has complained, i'm guessing that these patches do not interfere with the treo600, but even so, i'd rather not install anything unnecessary. Leave it to Real to install a bunch of useless, invasive crap!

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas as to which files are needed, i'd appreciate it!
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    So the Treo 600 now appears in the drop down menu as one of the devices supported by the Real Palm Client. Looks like the same 10 files get installed on the treo as in the t3 version.
    It's "out," yes, but has anyone been able to actually download it? I've been trying since yesterday on everything from dial-up at home to PDAnet on my laptop to T1 at work, and every time I go to the download page it times out.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    It's "out," yes, but has anyone been able to actually download it? I've been trying since yesterday on everything from dial-up at home to PDAnet on my laptop to T1 at work, and every time I go to the download page it times out.
    I downloaded it successfully right before posting.

Go here,

http://www.realnetworks.com/industri...s/player/palm/

Log in, and then fill out the form on the next page (where you ID your device as a Treo600).

You should then be directed to a download page where you need to click a button to begin the download. It's a PC *.exe file...

My first impression is that the sound is much better than from PocketTunes, but the song selction and playlist functions are not as intuitive. There is no streaming whatsoever, but I didn't expect it...
    I am really new to all of this, had a SideKick for the past year,(easy) got the Treo 600 (more fun but for an old dog a steep learning curve).

fkpalm (Fred) seemed to like real player because he feels he can download mp3's easier than with pocket tunes and because he can buy them from the real player store for 99 cents and load them on the t6 easily.

Am I missing something? At this time all I really know about real player is that it pops up some time as a viewer and my daughter has used it for streaming radio once in awhile. As for the store and 99 cent mp3, can't they be purchased and loaded onto ptunes anyway or will they only work on real player?

I have no problem loading songs and old time radio shows (mp3) onto ptunes now but I only have few songs in mp3 format so I would not mind using a good online store. Any recommendations out there?

I'd rip them but the external Que Fire cd burner I bought uses Nero and does not appear to have a CD ripper program with it and I have no idea what would be a good CD ripper to use. Again any suggestions? There are a lot listed at PC Magazine and PC World, etc., etc., etc. but I have no clue what features to look for.

Never bored with the Sprint Treo 600 (Audible, Palm Reader, pTunes and autosport.com) unlike the SideKick which would hardly connect on T-Mobile here in Sacramento. Now I hardly complain when my wife wants to go shopping.
    Originally posted by sbono13
    ...My first impression is that the sound is much better than from PocketTunes, but the song selction and playlist functions are not as intuitive. There is no streaming whatsoever, but I didn't expect it...
    Hi,

Did the install without problems. Have to check concerning sound, specially with earphones.

The bad thing is that I get a soft reset after 70 to 80 seconds of playing....

A hint anyone??

Bye,

Ton
    OK, I've now got the "official" Real player for Treo 600 installed and it does seem to work.

BUT, the sound from Real player always goes out the speaker on the Treo - even if the Treo ear piece is installed.

Is that how it works for others?? I'm stumped - I figured if the earpiece is connected, ALL sound would go through it.

Do I need to buy one of those adapters for the Treo so that I can use my regular headphones to listen?

Alan
    Originally posted by alancsmith
    ...Do I need to buy one of those adapters for the Treo so that I can use my regular headphones to listen?

Alan
    Hi,

Yep... to listen to music, otherwise than by the speaker, you have to buy either one of these adaptors (you use with your preferred headphones) or directly a headphone with 2.5mm stereo jack.

If you do a search on the forum, you'll find loads of posts concerning this topic and headphones

Bye,

Ton
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12