Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I finally bought that product, and what it does its really amazing to me. I can now block calls by category, for example, If I dont want my "business" category not bothering me on a vacation, I can now send those callers straight to voice mail, without being notified at all, its like the phone is not ringing at all.

The developer sent me as a bonus, something that he was just testing I guess. It gave me the ability to set any mp3 as my ringtone. So I was playing a MOBB DEEP Beat, in pure MP3, as my ring tone. People I knew was really buggin when they heard it.

Callfilter, this program does so much more than what I just mentioned, it even blocks callers and send them right to voicemail if there are not in my contacts, or even block individual callers with certain numbers. Whats cool about it, when u block someone, they dont know they are being blocked, the phone "rings" 4 full times then go right to voicemail...
    Well if you are gonna sing its praises it would be nice if you would tell us where we can get it.
    Treo butler can now do this, or at least its supposed to. I was really excited about this app, but it messes up my picture id calls and 30 bucks is a lot for something that I can do myself (not knocking it at all, I think its really sweet, but $30!?) Anyway, was there an update? I got release 1 and 2 from the developer. Did he fix the picture id stuff? It would be cool if he could add led alerts for SMS as well as voicemail along with the mp3 ringer option.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by nchargreed
    Well if you are gonna sing its praises it would be nice if you would tell us where we can get it.
    opps, my bad, its here http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=53606
    Pretty cool, but $30 bucks?

Hell Agendus is only $24.95.

I'm betting someone will duplicate this and sell it much cheaper. May have to break out that c++ book myself and get cracking.

This is a $15 app in my opinion. But hey thats me.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Going by the last update information on PalmGear that is an old version of the program. I was waiting for a version that could tell the difference between Blocked Caller ID and No Caller ID calls that the developer said was released but I have never found it.
    Originally posted by Woof
    This is a $15 app in my opinion. But hey thats me.
    Me too. He would probably get five times as many purchases (including mine) if it were half the price.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I agree with Woof.

I love my Treo, but I feel that there are some shortcomings as far as the software is concerned. After paying $600 for a phone, you don't want to be stuck with having to purchase applications that cost too much.

James
    Originally posted by godfather

The developer sent me as a bonus, something that he was just testing I guess. It gave me the ability to set any mp3 as my ringtone. So I was playing a MOBB DEEP Beat, in pure MP3, as my ring tone. People I knew was really buggin when they heard it.
    So can you set different MP3s per contact or category or is it only one MP3 for all incoming calls?
    I agree with you Woof $30 is to much for that app. If it were $15 i would of had it on Pre-order.

Can u set the mp3 for individual callers?
  11.    #11  
    I set the mp3 for all callers, But not indiv callers, the developer said he was working on this however.
    While emailing to the developer about a question, I mentioned to him the price is to big, in his reply he didn't mention anything about it. So I decided NOT to buy it for that price...
    Does it have the same problem with the MP3 ringers as lightwav where it continues to play for a second or two after you answer the call? Apparently the lightwav folks are working on the problem with their software, but I was wondering if this one had the problem too.
    Maybe it's me, but when I tried it, you couldn't get the MP3 to STOP when you answered a call unless you went into Pocket Tunes (which, btw, is how it plays MP3s) and stopped it yourself.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Originally posted by JoeTampa
    Maybe it's me, but when I tried it, you couldn't get the MP3 to STOP when you answered a call unless you went into Pocket Tunes (which, btw, is how it plays MP3s) and stopped it yourself.
    That issue on sprint phones was fixed on a few internal betas ago. Are you on my official beta list? Only a handful of people have the version that has MP3 support. Email me at callfilterbeta AT velocityware.com and I will get you an updated version based on where things stand today.
    If callfilter can now select mp3's as ringtones, what would be the advatnage of buying Lightwave over this? Anyone, tried both and can give an opinion pulease!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by VWare

That issue on sprint phones was fixed on a few internal betas ago. Are you on my official beta list? Only a handful of people have the version that has MP3 support. Email me at callfilterbeta AT velocityware.com and I will get you an updated version based on where things stand today.

I guess this one is old?

PRODUCT NAME: CallFilter For Treo 600
    Version: Release Candidate #2
    Date: January 27, 2004
    Last edited by JoeTampa; 02/06/2004 at 10:41 PM.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    well, callfilter current only supports a mp3 for (ALL) incoming calls and where LightWav can play wavs or mp3s for Voicemail, incoming calls, SMS, and MMS. And LightWav supports application alarms (like Agendus/datebk5).

CallFilter does however intercept the midi from playing to play the mp3 where in LightWav you must put the ringer as a Silent MIDI.

Neither application supports seperate ringers for callers, but I'm trying to convince the developer of CallFilter to make a program to do this (and support for the caller id picture!!) And have it work with the CallFilter Application.

So i'd say if you have no need for wav/mp3 alarms and the need to filter calls, CallFilter is for you, but if you don't need to filter calls then go with LightWav (which is very unpredictable by the way, but they are working on it).

I'd have my money with VWare (the developer of CallFilter) to get a applicaiton to have seperate ringers/pictures for callers before the developers at toysoft.ca which make LightWav.

Hope this helps.

digidep
    Originally posted by digidep
    well, callfilter current only supports a mp3 for (ALL) incoming calls and where LightWav can play wavs or mp3s for Voicemail, incoming calls, SMS, and MMS. And LightWav supports application alarms (like Agendus/datebk5).

CallFilter does however intercept the midi from playing to play the mp3 where in LightWav you must put the ringer as a Silent MIDI.

Neither application supports seperate ringers for callers, but I'm trying to convince the developer of CallFilter to make a program to do this (and support for the caller id picture!!) And have it work with the CallFilter Application.

So i'd say if you have no need for wav/mp3 alarms and the need to filter calls, CallFilter is for you, but if you don't need to filter calls then go with LightWav (which is very unpredictable by the way, but they are working on it).

I'd have my money with VWare (the developer of CallFilter) to get a applicaiton to have seperate ringers/pictures for callers before the developers at toysoft.ca which make LightWav.

Hope this helps.

digidep

Latest beta I received can play a mp3 for each rule!!!!!!

This developper is great guys. Support him!!!!
    --
    Manfred
    The CallFilter app is way worth the money, especially with what is on his roadmap and how ultra-responsive he is to fixes and suggestions. I have bought from him and would do so again ina second!

L
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast