Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Recording a telephone conversation......some states deem this legal. Hawaii does....as long as you're partaking in the conversation, you are allowed to record the telephone conversation without the consent of the other party!

I would like this feature as well.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Quote Originally Posted by koros
    ok, it seems like i'm going to reply to myself...

...i was wondering if your secret feature could be some telephone conversation recording option...

...okok, i know there's this API release problem; but it looks like some guys got around it and had it run on FW3.04/aka/1.12...

i don't have that FW on my treo, and i don't think the majority of us has hacked their system to it already; maybe this can't be done otherwise, but i could REALLY use this feat if you ever like to give it a try...

...wishful thinking maybe, and i'm certainly not suggesting i got insider info leaks or anything; just blogging, waiting for you to amaze us all with your next release...
    Koros,
    i LOVE your optimism!!! Right now all of the features in the next version will work with all Treos regardless of firmware rev.

Regarding my cool dreams a couple months ago: There were a couple of cool things I really wanted to get into this next version. One of them i just couldnt make happen yet. But there are a couple pretty unique things in this version (of course, thats just my opinion)

right now we just have to get through some more testing stuff...
    bump
    wow lots of posts here
    vwave:

love the product! does callfilter (or can it) support the use of wav files as ringtones?

mark
    Quote Originally Posted by mshpall
    vwave:

love the product! does callfilter (or can it) support the use of wav files as ringtones?

mark
    I am glad you like it!

Regarding wav files as ringtones...Yes, you can actually play Ogg, Mp3, or Wav files as ringtones.
    I have a problem, seems my battery lies to me. It was full and 30 minutes later my phone was dead. Not related to callfilter BUT when I hotsync to restore everything, all my rules are gone...talk about a pain in the buttocks. Why doesn't callfilter save your rules? Also any word on being able to search for contacts by name instead of scrolling...I have over 700 contacts.
  8. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtibbs
    Why doesn't callfilter save your rules?
    Callfilter DOES save your rules...in a file called Callfilter-Rules-VWCF. I can see it using FileZ or FileCaddy. I think when your battery went dead, you lost everything. The rules files does not seem to get saved during a hotsync, but it is backed up on my SD card using BackupBuddyVFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by sda
    rules files does not seem to get saved during a hotsync, but it is backed up on my SD card using BackupBuddyVFS.
    They do get saved during a hotsync if you use backupbuddy.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Thats, great. BUT I shouldn't have to buy another piece of software. It should back up the rules when I do a normal hotsync. That should be included in the next version or beta release.
    Any chance on the official release of the new version?

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    ...and with the new OFFICIAL firmware update, we could really try for the "recording conversation" option !!!

...what do you think VWare ?
    Does anyone know how to make sure Callfilter ALWAYS uses the loudest volume when playing MP3 as ringtone in Ptunes, this even after the radio and Treo 600 are turned off? What I mean by this is that it is always set to loudest and does not have to be reconfigured each and every time phone is turned on.
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    Does anyone have a fix to this problem? I can't get all of my MP3 files to show up as choices for ringers in Callfilter. It appears sort of random which ones show up. I've got about 40 files in the folder, and only 28 appear. Anyone? Tried to contact Callfilter support, but no answers...
    bump...anyone? Also, anybody having any luck getting the developer to respond to them?!? Haven't heard a word in over a week...
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Pretty cool, but $30 bucks?

Hell Agendus is only $24.95.

I'm betting someone will duplicate this and sell it much cheaper. May have to break out that c++ book myself and get cracking.

This is a $15 app in my opinion. But hey thats me.

Woof
    Hi Folks,

I've just released Phone Technician to be the 'Poor Man's' MP3 ringtone option. It's never going to be as sophisticated as Callfilter or Lightwav - but it does let you use an MP3 as a ringtone (or anything PocketTunes can play)

It's $4 at the moment -when it comes out of beta it will be $7 or $8.

It also throws in some other features and will expand - you can read more in

This Thread
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khornet93
    bump...anyone? Also, anybody having any luck getting the developer to respond to them?!? Haven't heard a word in over a week...
    Hey folks...

I spoke to VWare, he has not forgotten us or callfilter. He has been sick and off his feet for the past week. He is just now getting his feet back under him and is now responding to the host of e-mails he received while sick. He will be responding in the next day or so!

Fittske
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Trust me - he has definitely not forgotten about anyone!!! He is trying to get caught up and is typically really responsive... I'm sure he will get to everyone!
    Lee Ladisky
    bump... any news on a new version of call filter? Been quiet...
    VWare, where are you ?
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast