Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    hi.. does the new version of Callfilter support mp3 ringtones for individual caller?

I should not compare the SE Z600 with Treo600 since SE600 does not even play mp3 ringtone. but if Callfilter supports mp3 ringtones per each caller, i would love to purchase it.

keep up the good work
    Actually, the current version of Callfilter Release V1.1 already supports MP3 ringtones not only by Individual Caller Name, but also by Category, by Phone Number (with optional wildcards), or by Company name.
    Quote Originally Posted by VWare
    Actually, the current version of Callfilter Release V1.1 already supports MP3 ringtones not only by Individual Caller Name, but also by Category, by Phone Number (with optional wildcards), or by Company name.
    From what I can tell it only has the option to select 1 ringtone. Where is the option to select a different ringtone for individual callers hidden?
    I've tried finding it and can't.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cferd
    From what I can tell it only has the option to select 1 ringtone. Where is the option to select a different ringtone for individual callers hidden?
    I've tried finding it and can't.

To slecet a ringtone for a single caller, you must create a rule for in individual contact. For example: letsay you want to have a specific tone for "John Doe"

1. Make a rule for "John Doe" to "ring as normal"
    2. Next select the ringtone for John Doe

Now when John calls the MP3 should play
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    To slecet a ringtone for a single caller, you must create a rule for in individual contact. For example: letsay you want to have a specific tone for "John Doe"

Thanks. That kind of took LWav out of the running for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske

Seems awfully complex next to the simplicity of LWav. Just click on the contact (or group) and select the audio file you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Seems awfully complex next to the simplicity of LWav. Just click on the contact (or group) and select the audio file you want.
    You can do the same thing with CallShield, both can be set for individuals, groups, etc, etc.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Maybe a little. But comparing Callfilter and Lightwave is like comparing apples to oranges. MP3 ringtones with Callfilter is a "BOUNS" feature. Callfilter's main function is to filter calls. To get the same functionality as CF, LWave, would have to add their (toysofts) app called bugoff? Which I have heard it is not that stable and dose not work on CDMA Phones! And I will be the first to tell you the new features that VWare is putting into callfilter........WOW!!!! That is all I can say!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Ok. LWav is back in. I tried the Callfilter MP3 feature and a couple of problems that are not in LWav arose.

First, when someone calls, there's a glitch (a loud sound) when answering the phone. And the caller also hears a loud noise.

Second, the picture ID that I have set up for some callers does not show up every time.

The so-called complex issue is a non-factor IMO. With CF, I don't think you have to worry about the sound settings being "silent", so they both take about the same amount of work to set up.
    Ok. LWav is back in. I tried the Callfilter MP3 feature and a couple of problems that are not in LWav arose.
    First, when someone calls, there's a glitch (a loud sound) when answering the phone. And the caller also hears a loud noise.
    This probably happened if you answered the phone using the buttons on the screen rather than the hard keys or rocker. I have been told lightwav has the same problem. The technical reason this happens is because PocketTunes plays in the background, and the current handspring phone implementation waits about a second before letting our programs (either callfilter, lightwav, or whatever) know that the phone has been answered, so it prevents us from turning off PocketTunes immediately. So, the work-around was to intercept when the rocker or keys are hit, and directly turn off Pocket Tunes at that time, since we can intercept the keystrokes to the palm directly without being at the mercy of the Phone App to let our programs know whats going on.

Second, the picture ID that I have set up for some callers does not show up every time.
    True...and it was quite frustrating to me. This is the bug I was describing in a couple post back as completely fixed in the upcoming release that I will make available in a week or so.

If you have any technical support questions or problems, please feel free to email me at callfiltersupport@velocityware.com
    This probably happened if you answered the phone using the buttons on the screen rather than the hard keys or rocker. I have been told lightwav has the same problem.
    I have the touchscreen disabled and always answer the phone using only the 5 way. I haven't experienced the "loud noise" problem with Lwav yet.

Something else I noticed is the lack of an option to deselect the "repeat" on Ptunes. I don't use short ringtones so have no need for repeat. Lwav has that option, which helps me.
    I'm one of those who likes listening to songs on my playlists just once, and I hate having to remember to turn the repeat off manually every time I get a call.
    My post about testing callfilter disappeared... strange. Anyways, I'm still waiting to see whether the bugs I posted before are fixed. Namely, the people I assigned picture IDs in my favorites. A message like "no caller ID" appears then after a few seconds the picture ID shows. And, the ringtone I originally assigned for that person doesn't play, what plays is the tone I assigned the "unknown caller" in the main prefs. I'm using a GSM Treo with pocket tunes 2.3.4. I'm still waiting... Great work VW!
    LWave does have the "loud noise problem" especially if you answer the phone just as the ringer starts to play OR if you try to make a call while the voicemail or SMS alerts are firing.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    My post about testing callfilter disappeared... strange. Anyways, I'm still waiting to see whether the bugs I posted before are fixed. Namely, the people I assigned picture IDs in my favorites. A message like "no caller ID" appears then after a few seconds the picture ID shows. And, the ringtone I originally assigned for that person doesn't play, what plays is the tone I assigned the "unknown caller" in the main prefs. I'm using a GSM Treo with pocket tunes 2.3.4. I'm still waiting... Great work VW!
    Did you follow up with an email to the devoloper ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Did you follow up with an email to the devoloper ?
    What I'd like to know is if other forum members experienced this problem... When I read the thread, I couldn't find anyone else who got this problem. I was actually looking for any workarounds. To answer your question, no, I haven't emailed vware yet. I'm lazy
    Picture caller id, has always been a problem to my knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    I get the above problem, BUT only with TMobile callers who call my TMobile T600. TMobile people who call me has a caller id: +1-808-xxx-xxxx
    Note, the +1 is inserted before the area code.

This fools the CallFilter program to give a "No Caller ID" with the wrong ringtone that rings. Then later it shows the correct Caller ID. I also tried deleting the TMobile caller from my Favorites list which helps the problem.

Oh well.

I'm looking for a reliable generic & simple ringtone manager that is like the TCRinger, anyone know of such a thing? I don't care about mp3 ringers, I like the midi ones.

Stan(misses TCRinger)
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Picture caller id, has always been a problem to my knowledge.
    Yes, this caller id problem has been kinda hard for me to fix...

Luckily, as I have indicated in my last few posts, it has been taken care of and fixed in the upcoming release in the next week or so. So, finally, this caller id thing wont be a issue anymore.

Manilenio, I have posted the current status of where I stand in message #139 of this thread --> http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=139

hope that helps gets you up to speed with where I stand with callfilter.

by the way, i dont mind if anyone wants to email me with questions. Its ok even if you are not a registered user. I can generally respond to emails faster than forum posts because I can reply from my Treo 600 (and its painful to try to respond in the forum from my Treo). You can email me at callfiltersupport@velocityware.com
    Yes, this caller id problem has been kinda hard for me to fix...

Luckily, as I have indicated in my last few posts, it has been taken care of and fixed in the upcoming release in the next week or so. So, finally, this caller id thing wont be a issue anymore.

Manilenio, I have posted the current status of where I stand in message #139 of this thread --> http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=139

hope that helps gets you up to speed with where I stand with callfilter.

by the way, i dont mind if anyone wants to email me with questions. Its ok even if you are not a registered user. I can generally respond to emails faster than forum posts because I can reply from my Treo 600 (and its painful to try to respond in the forum from my Treo). You can email me at callfiltersupport@velocityware.com
    Yes, I would think it would be easier to answer questions directly rather than weed through numerous posts to find out the discussions concern you.
    hey VWare,

is the upcoming release of your magic app coming out with those INCREDIBLE secret features you mentioned since a month ago ?

...or just bugfixes ?

...i am sooooo curious...

ok, it seems like i'm going to reply to myself...

...i was wondering if your secret feature could be some telephone conversation recording option...

...okok, i know there's this API release problem; but it looks like some guys got around it and had it run on FW3.04/aka/1.12...

i don't have that FW on my treo, and i don't think the majority of us has hacked their system to it already; maybe this can't be done otherwise, but i could REALLY use this feat if you ever like to give it a try...

...wishful thinking maybe, and i'm certainly not suggesting i got insider info leaks or anything; just blogging, waiting for you to amaze us all with your next release...
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast