Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    vware, you still around or should we submerge you with emails...

...thought posting here was better for you as well since you don't have to respond to every single email...

Originally posted by ShockSLL
    I would like the picture caller id working as well. I would also like the ability to choose a midi ringtone for a callerid group as well. Also, I wish I could copy the charging/cradle rule and have several that have different times associated with them, i.e.

MTWTF 9PM-7AM forward calls
    SS all day forward calls

If there is a way to do this and I'm missing something please let me know.
    ShockSLL,
    Every single one of your wishes have been granted!...Yes...even the multiple charging/cradle rules!

Email me and I will send you the latest beta that has these features. I will probably post this version to TreoCental either late today or tomorrow.
    Originally posted by koros
    vware, you still around or should we submerge you with emails...

...thought posting here was better for you as well since you don't have to respond to every single email...

Koros! I am still around! Thanks for keeping an eye out for me!

I have been so busy implementing features requested by users, that I havent had a chance to do more research on my megafeature! I dont even know if its possible yet, but I hope to focus on it soon. If I get it to work, it will be a FIRST, just like CallFilter is a FIRST

I just have been working a lot to get a new release of CallFilter ready for you guys!

I hope to post the Callfilter demo file in here either later today or tomorrow.

This new version adds the following features:

1) Sprint users have the ability to filter by [No Caller ID] or [Blocked]
    2) No more blips in battery graph!
    3) Work around implemented for Picture Caller ID problem
    4) Ability to select between multiple cards. That means you can pick songs from your Ram Disk or your SD card
    5) SD card popout protection - if you are using an MP3 and your SD card pops out, it automatically uses your built-in Treo ringtones.
    6) Ability to filter by Individual Contact (so you dont have to enter multiple numbers for a person as rules anymore!)
    7) Ability to filter by Company Name
    8) Ability to make as many system rules as you would like! So you can do things like: When on charger from 8am-5pm forward to xxxx, but when on charger after 5pm then forward to yyyy.
    9) Ability to turn off the spacebar and backspace key when the phone is ringing. This keeps you from accidentally answering your phone by accident! Happens a lot to people who keep their treo in their pants pocket.
    10) Plays MP3s and stops immediately when you answer the phone. no more 1 second of music anymore.

Um, thats all of the new features I can think of from the last version posted. I think I am going to freeze the feature set now, and release this new version as Version 1.1
    5) SD card popout protection - if you are using an MP3 and your SD card pops out, it automatically uses your built-in Treo ringtones.
    That is a much needed enhancement - thank you!

Dunc
    I think all of these enhancements are great! I can't wait to get a copy. Just wondering. Is the volume controlled by the system ringer volume now? Also, can you silence the ringer by pressing the volume rocker the same way you can with a midi ringer? As far as I am concerned those would be the two features that would make this program complete. As it stands now the feature list is very impressive.
    Originally posted by BigTreo
    I think all of these enhancements are great! I can't wait to get a copy. Just wondering. Is the volume controlled by the system ringer volume now? Also, can you silence the ringer by pressing the volume rocker the same way you can with a midi ringer? As far as I am concerned those would be the two features that would make this program complete. As it stands now the feature list is very impressive.
    Good question, here is how the volume stuff works..

While ringing...
    If you hit the UP or DOWN volume rocker, it will stop the MP3 from playing, just like with the midi ringer

The MP3 always plays using the system ring volume level. There is no need to turn off midi ringers or adjust any separate volume control. The volume works just like it would with the built-in midi ringer

if you press any key on the keyboard it will silence the MP3 just like the MIDI ringer

You have the ability to have callfilter out the SPACE BAR, RETURN KEY, and BACKSPACE Keys so you dont get those random answers, or random ignores. You can pick which keys you want to filter out during a ring.

So, in summary, your two feature requests are there now...with extras!
    beta ver. dont work on my treo just freze and get blank screen.I deleted old ver. before. I hope next beta will work ....
    Originally posted by atari
    beta ver. dont work on my treo just freze and get blank screen.I deleted old ver. before. I hope next beta will work ....
    Worked for me after a soft reset.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    where can I get my copy????
    Or am I impatient?
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    email me directly at callfiltersupport@velocityware.com

if you have a beta, that probably means i just emailed it to you a few hours ago. The beta that people are testing does not have freeze problems (that I am aware of ). I did send a couple betas out without zipping the PRC file. it seems like some email clients corrupt PRCs in the mail. Sounds like you may have had such a thing happen in your email client. Email me, and i will send you the same PRC in a zip, that should make it through email just fine.
    Quick Update...
    I have gotten some good feedback from the beta testers. Overall, all reports for the Version 1.1 beta are good. No more features are being added, just fixing bugs as people report them.

There are a couple items that people reported that I would like to fix before converting version 1.1 into a release. So I am going to hold off posting the CallFilter 1.1 Release for a couple days. If you are really in need of an update, I dont mind sending you the beta that we are testing off of now. Once I have a stable release version, I will post it on here and palmgear. Then I will be able to jump in and tackle a bunch of new features that I am dying to add.

Well, I just wanted to give everyone an update. I will be traveling and only have internet access via my Treo 600 on Wednesday and Thursday, but I will try to stay in contact with everyone as much as possible.

Good luck blocking those unwanted callers and rockin to MP3s as you get calls you want!
    I tested v1.1b6
    Works only after hard reset(I copy only callfilter&ptunesv221) but when I restore my beskup from card it give me blank screen after call. I try to restore all files beside files related whit callfilter and install it again same score
    I try to eleminate some prg forom beckup but no succes....
    Something you have backed up is conflicting with CallFilter. Hard reset, remove backup folder and install apps one by one to see which one isthe culprit.

I tested v1.1b6
    Works only after hard reset(I copy only callfilter&ptunesv221) but when I restore my beskup from card it give me blank screen after call. I try to restore all files beside files related whit callfilter and install it again same score
    I try to eleminate some prg forom beckup but no succes....
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    I found something realy strange:
    in some calls prg. works good but for others it give me blank bleck or white screen and I have to reset treo twice.I disabled all rules..I even delete numbes from contacts thet freze treo but I get same result
    Just read through this whole thread, sounds like a great product. I'm hoping to try out the 1.1 version and will definitely buy if it will work correctly for individual rings with Goodlink installed on the Treo.

I tried out Lightwave and got it to work just fine for a .wav or .mp3 ring, but couldn't get the individual Contact Rings to work. I have the Goodlink (just like blackberry) service installed on my Treo, that was the main reason I got a Treo, so that I could have my corporate email, contacts, calendar, etc. live on my phone. Before I was carrying around two devices, now the Treo does them all in one!

Went back and forth on email with someone from Toysoft about the Contact Rings and evidently Goodlink makes some serious changes to how the contacts are dealt with on the Treo so it looks like it just isn't going to work.

Has anyone used the individual Contact or phone number ringers on CallFilter's latest beta with Goodlink installed on their Treo?

I'll email VWare and see if I can get in on the Beta.

BDA
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I went to download Callfilter but I did not see anything about MP3 ringtones at the PalmGear.com download site. Is the MP3 stuff in a soon to be released beta or something?

Do you need a memory card or will everything work with just the phone?

This looks like good stuff.
    Originally posted by Obscura
    I went to download Callfilter but I did not see anything about MP3 ringtones at the PalmGear.com download site. Is the MP3 stuff in a soon to be released beta or something?

Do you need a memory card or will everything work with just the phone?

This looks like good stuff.
    Obsura, email me at callfiltersupport@velocityware.com and i can get you a copy by tomorrow morning. (today is pretty tight for me time wise cuz i am on the road, but I will try)

GENERAL NOTE TO EVERYONE USING CALLFILTER WITH MP3 SUPPORT:

PocketTunes just released version 2.3. They changed their API slightly so third party programs that worked with older versions of PocketTunes are incompatible with PocketTunes 2.3. That means any existing copies of CallFilter with MP3 support will have problems with version 2.3. This is not a bad thing completely, because I feel that PocketTunes has added some great new capabilities for programmers to access in version 2.3. So its definately going to be nice to modify CallFilter to take advantage of them. Bottom Line, by noon on friday, there will be a version of CallFilter that works on all versions of pockettunes greater than version 2.1 INCLUDING the new PocketTunes version 2.3 that was released a couple days ago. FYI, once my pockettunes update fix is in, CallFilter will SAVE YOUR PLAYLIST (under pocket tunes 2.3+ only), so when you get a call, and the MP3 rings for your phone, after it all is done, it will restore your MP3 playlist to the way it was.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Keep up the good work VWare!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I just wanted to update everyone here on whats going on with CallFilter.

i know a few posts during March have been lost, so lets start over right here and get things back in Sync.

The last release was on March 1st, 2004 and it was version 1.1 of Callfilter.

Since that time, I have been slowly adding new features, but I have kept the list of beta testers quite small so we could knock out a few major hurdles. We have kept things quiet to keep features from getting copied as fast. This handful of beta testers have done a lot of work, so I really appreciate their help.

I hope to release a Version 1.2 of CallFilter to the public very soon. Either as a Final Release, or possibly as a Release Candidate/Beta, just to knock out any remaining bugs. I am going to make this Version 1.2 available to registered users first.

I will list the new features of this next version of CallFilter when I post a release.

Oh, by the way...cuz i know you are wondering this.....in this new version Picture Caller Id is finally fixed correctly (Yeah!!!!!!)

But there are lots of new features...I did my best to add most of the critical features that people here have asked for...and I made up a couple things which i personally thought were really cool.

I wanted to add more features, but I need to stop, and just release it where I stand. So my current goal is to wrap things up and release the update in a week or two.

When you see this new version, you are going to think, "Boy, this should have been a version 2.0!" I am releasing it as version 1.2 because all callfilter owners get free updates to any version that starts with 1.x. And I want all current callfilter owners to be able to upgrade with no charge to this new version.

Ok, thats pretty much it for now.

If you have any problems with the current version of Callfilter V1.1 please feel free to email me at callfiltersupport@velocityware.com

You can download the latest release version of CallFilter at http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=53606

or at http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...roductId=98708

If I didnt get some feature you want in this next upcoming version 1.2, dont give up on me, I will probably get around to it in the next. This is going to be an ongoing process of enhancements...there is much to be done with the Treo 600...the possibilities are endless.
    hi.. does the new version of Callfilter support mp3 ringtones for individual caller?

I should not compare the SE Z600 with Treo600 since SE600 does not even play mp3 ringtone. but if Callfilter supports mp3 ringtones per each caller, i would love to purchase it.

keep up the good work
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast