Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Does anyone know if the mp3 feature in callfilter supports alarms in say Agendus?

TIA

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  2.    #102  
    Originally posted by Woof

Yunno godfather you started this whole mess by going on about features that were only in the beta you had. I am sure no one would have wanted the beta if it didn't offer new features that YOU announced. Did you really think you would be the only one that wanted to test the mp3 functions?

I am also really curious about the sensitive homos comment. Is it only sensitive homos that want software that they cant have or do the regular kind want it as well. I didnt think a desire to test new features on a good but overpriced product was restricted to just homos, let alone only sensitive ones. Please explain yourself. I have never been aware of a tie between beta software and sexual orientation. Interesting indeed.

Let me get this right. You think that mp3 and callid pic COULD be two SEPERATE programs ALONG WITH the callfilter.

Does that make anyone elses head hurt? Makes no freakin sense to me. How the .... can it be separate and along with at the same time? WTF is he talking about? I could make some disparaging remark about godfather but I am not in the habit of calling the less fortunate folks names. I think their plight is enough and they don't need to be called stupid or anything by a cheap ba$tard like me.

For what it's worth I don't think I'll have any use for this program. It's cool but I got a phone so I could talk to the people that call me, not hide from them. I'll be looking at Lightwav cause the ringer thing is all I really want. And of course it's cheaper. Nice Job anyway Vware.

Woof

Ok, you are a big clown man, a real sucker. First of all, the thing is only 29 bucks. You said, "People who are less fortunate"???????????????????

People with Treos are not that poor man, come on!!!We all know everyone wants the best for the cheapest possible price. That want this is about, so stop you BS.

You know what, Maybe I got a little excited about my beta version, I admit I was wrong, in that regard. But some of you guys needs to chill, and just look at the one at palmgear. The programmer could have just stopped there, and forgot about giving users updates you know?????????????? If I was that programmer, I would have probably quit, some of you guys are very discoraging IMO.

The programmer had to create this app from scratch. You guys are just messing up future developments for the treo.

I dont know what else to say man, be cool
  3.    #103  
    Originally posted by godfather

Ok, you are a big clown man, a real sucker. First of all, the thing is only 29 bucks. You said, "People who are less fortunate"???????????????????

People with Treos are not that poor man, come on!!!We all know everyone wants the best for the cheapest possible price. That want this is about, so stop you BS.

You know what, Maybe I got a little excited about my beta version, I admit I was wrong, in that regard. But some of you guys needs to chill, and just look at the one at palmgear. The programmer could have just stopped there, and forgot about giving users updates you know?????????????? If I was that programmer, I would have probably quit, some of you guys are very discoraging IMO.

The programmer had to create this app from scratch. You guys are just messing up future developments for the treo.

I dont know what else to say man, be cool
    sorry bout that, WOOF, that was my stupid little brother (15) that posted these comments under my name name, he started this thread, He gets a kick out of seeing people go crazy over the net, I guess. I havent visited this forum in a while, to be honest, not enough time. I have a habit of always leaving this computer on. I just noticed this a minute ago, he just wanted to start trouble because he was bored. He did use and see my treo with the mp3 functions, and he just loves it. He keeps asking me "Can I hold it and take it to school??", He know witht the treo and all these functions, he would get all the girls, lol.

I still think its a great program, VW, keep up the good work. Again, Sorry, for those that he offended. Later.
  4.    #104  
    Originally posted by Woof
    Does anyone know if the mp3 feature in callfilter supports alarms in say Agendus?

TIA

Woof
    Ohh and based on my version, I dont think it supports this feature.
    Lol...smack 'little brother' for me.

Thanks for the answer to my question regarding Agendus.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Originally posted by VWare

Hi Bleeze,
    Here are a couple hints about the forwarding calls, cuz I am on ATT also...

1) Make sure you have the rule set to Forward Call, and make sure that the number you put in at the bottom of the screen has the areacode included.

2) When I first wrote this feature, I tried and tried, and it would not work...guess what the problem was? AT&T did not provision my phone for call forwarding even though I was paying for it! You may want to try manually forwarding your phone using the options in the phone section just to make sure that your phone is provisioned correctly. When my phone was configured incorrectly by ATT Wireless, if i did a manual forward, it would give an error "Operation Failed". Once I called ATT Wireless customer service, they reprovisioned my phone, and BAM...all started working again.

3) If you check this and things dont work, then please feel free to email me at callfiltersupport@velocityware.com I will definately get back to you by Thursday evening.

4) Oh Breeze, please please make sure you are aware of any charges from ATT for forwarding calls. On my plan, they charge 40 cent per minute for forwarded calls. And they wont subtract it from my minutes. Its always an additional charge per minute.

5) Sprint users need the beta posted a couple pages back in order for Call Forwarding to work.

Hope this helps...
    1. Had it setup properly.
    2. Called AT&T, twice. Both times was assured that the ability to
    forward was activated. Called again, was told the phone does not even support the current options to forward within the phone application itself. Ouch.
    3. Thanks, I'll email you directly.
    4. No worries.
    5. NA.
    6. Thanks for your prompt response anyway.
    Hey, I'm having some issues w/ the app. I was using the original version to move calls to my voicemail if they had blocked Caller ID, and that was working great. I just downloaded the current beta and I can't get it to work. Everytime I get a call from a number that has an MP3 rule associated with it my phone does a soft reset. Anyone else seeing this? Also, I'm running PTunes 2.2.1 if that matters.

Dunc
    Originally posted by Dunc
    Hey, I'm having some issues w/ the app. I was using the original version to move calls to my voicemail if they had blocked Caller ID, and that was working great. I just downloaded the current beta and I can't get it to work. Everytime I get a call from a number that has an MP3 rule associated with it my phone does a soft reset. Anyone else seeing this? Also, I'm running PTunes 2.2.1 if that matters.

Dunc
    Yes, these are the softresets that I warned about in the Treocentral message that had the beta version attached to it. For this beta to operate properly, it is required that you remove the original version of CallFilter before installing this beta version. You can get rid of any problems by just deleting CallFilter and Reinstalling. This beta does not have the 'rule upgrading logic' in it yet. Of course the final release version will have this.

if you have any additional questions or problems, please feel free to email me at callfiltersupport@velocityware.com
    I appreciate your responding here - I deleted the earlier version of the app and installed the latest beta. Now I don't get the soft resets, and it plays MP3s when it rings! However, it seems to only play the MP3s once. That is, I here my MP3 play and when it ends it doesn't restart - though on the phone that I'm calling my Treo from I still here 3 more rings. I'll keep playing with it, maybe it's just a function of my MP3. Thanks for the great app.

Dunc
    how do u assign single mp3s to individual contacts.
  11.    #111  
    s
  12.    #112  
    Originally posted by TreoPX
    how do u assign single mp3s to individual contacts.
    You have to add a new rule. for example, add a # and choose, "Ring as Normal" then it will give u an option to select an mp3

Every different ringtone you want you gotta make a different rule with that particular #
    I may have found something in my testing that could be an issue. It -appears- (I'm not certain yet) that Callfilter is causing an on/off event every 10 seconds (not the screen turning on, just the system...still a black screen). This is bad for BatteryGraph in particular. I'm not sure if this causes an increased battery drain.

Again, this doesn't turn the screen on every 10 seconds, just causes an on/off event to occur. May be required for Callfilter or might be a bug...furthermore, I can't say for certain that it's even CF at this time. I'll know for certain after a night of leaving CF off and then a bit of testing with it on in the morning.

-Rob
    Originally posted by godfather

sorry bout that, WOOF, that was my stupid little brother (15) that posted these comments under my name name, he started this thread, He gets a kick out of seeing people go crazy over the net, I guess. I havent visited this forum in a while, to be honest, not enough time. I have a habit of always leaving this computer on. I just noticed this a minute ago, he just wanted to start trouble because he was bored. He did use and see my treo with the mp3 functions, and he just loves it. He keeps asking me "Can I hold it and take it to school??", He know witht the treo and all these functions, he would get all the girls, lol.

I still think its a great program, VW, keep up the good work. Again, Sorry, for those that he offended. Later.
    need little brother insurance?
    Originally posted by Rob600
    I may have found something in my testing that could be an issue. It -appears- (I'm not certain yet) that Callfilter is causing an on/off event every 10 seconds (not the screen turning on, just the system...still a black screen). This is bad for BatteryGraph in particular. I'm not sure if this causes an increased battery drain.

Again, this doesn't turn the screen on every 10 seconds, just causes an on/off event to occur. May be required for Callfilter or might be a bug...furthermore, I can't say for certain that it's even CF at this time. I'll know for certain after a night of leaving CF off and then a bit of testing with it on in the morning.

-Rob
    Yes, this is CallFilter doing that. It checks every 10 seconds to see if you have plugged it into the Charger/Cradle Charger. It should not have any perceptible decrease in battery life.

I take advantage of a new mode of the Treo 600 called REM Sleep. This mode does not exist on other Palm devices...just the Treo 600. This way I can wake up, check the power every now and then, and go right back to sleep without even making the screen turn on! This is another COOL thing about the Treo 600 that makes it an AWESOME device.

The next question may be: Is there a way that the Treo 600 can be notified automatically when it is plugged into a cradle/charger. Answer: Unfortunately not. Palm devices with the Universal Connector CAN notify software automatically that it has been docked or plugged in. Unfortunately, the Treo 600 does not support the Universal Connector, and is not aware of any changes to the device configuration. Hence, we have to check periodically.

I think I am going to disable the checking every 10 seconds unless you have the [Charging/Cradle] enabled. That way you can at least control this polling indirectly if you want.
    That would be perfect, just some way to disable the events as I see that there is a valid reason for it being there.

By the way, that is a neat mode of operation (REM Sleep). Are there any restrictions on what you can do in that mode?

-Rob
  17. ewm
    My GSM phone plays sounds when connected/disconnected from a charger. The Palm SDK states that a 'sysNotifyEarlyWakeupEvent' is broadcast when a battery charger event happens.

You may be able to catch this event and check the status instead of waking up on a scheduled basis.

From page 37 of 'Palm OS Programmer’s Companion, Volume I'

"The sysNotifyEarlyWakeupEvent is broadcast very
    early on in the wakeup process, generally before the screen has
    turned on. At this stage, it is not guaranteed that the system will
    fully wake up. It may simply handle an alarm or a battery charger
    event and go back to sleep.

"Most applications that need notification of a wakeup event will probably want to register for
    sysNotifyLateWakeupEvent instead. At this stage, the screen
    has been turned on and the system is guaranteed to fully wake up.
    Originally posted by ewm
    My GSM phone plays sounds when connected/disconnected from a charger. The Palm SDK states that a 'sysNotifyEarlyWakeupEvent' is broadcast when a battery charger event happens.

You may be able to catch this event and check the status instead of waking up on a scheduled basis.

From page 37 of 'Palm OS Programmer’s Companion, Volume I'

"The sysNotifyEarlyWakeupEvent is broadcast very
    early on in the wakeup process, generally before the screen has
    turned on. At this stage, it is not guaranteed that the system will
    fully wake up. It may simply handle an alarm or a battery charger
    event and go back to sleep.

"Most applications that need notification of a wakeup event will probably want to register for
    sysNotifyLateWakeupEvent instead. At this stage, the screen
    has been turned on and the system is guaranteed to fully wake up.
    I agree, i thought that sysNotifyEarlyWakeUpEvent would do the trick, but I remember having problems with it last time I tried it. Its kinda fuzzy now cuz its been a couple months, but last time I tried it, it seems like sysNotifyEarlyWakeupEvent worked fine only if the Treo screen was off, but did not work if Treo was on. Then I remember trying the sysExternalConnectorAttachEvent and sysExternalConnectorDetachEvent. And those events didnt work at all, cuz they require the Universal Connector. I will take a look again to see if there is an event that I can use in conjuction with sysNotifyEarlyWakeUpEvent, that will let me detect being plugged into power reliably, whether the Treo is On or Off.
    this thread is one of my favourites, and it was gone out of the first two pages of treocentral...

...so everybody is just happy with the beta posted or do we wait for the next update from vware ?

...i know you are correct and wouldn't bump or spam to get attention, but i was so surprised not to see any activity after so many posts in so little time...

oh, well; please let us know if you are exchanging info about this program on a different thread or something...

...vware, did you manage to fix the picture caller ID bug ?
    ...and the extra_MEGA_feature, how does that come along ?

I would like the picture caller id working as well. I would also like the ability to choose a midi ringtone for a callerid group as well. Also, I wish I could copy the charging/cradle rule and have several that have different times associated with them, i.e.

MTWTF 9PM-7AM forward calls
    SS all day forward calls

If there is a way to do this and I'm missing something please let me know.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast