Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    This is sad. Nobody has the automatic right to a beta version. If I were the developer I would pick and choose who got betas. It's enough to make a person think twice about taking on any serious programming projects. This sort of behavior is harmful to the future development of Treo specific apps. I believe Vware started this project a little over a week ago and has made tremendous progress. There is a product I have paid for (Lwav) that is not as advanced as this one. I would be surprised if he hasn't released this app in another 1-2 weeks and when he does there won't be anything that comes close to it.

I have a tip to make RamDisk work with CallFilter. Simply pop out the SD card and then go to assign the mp3. CallFilter will default to the /audio folder but when you browse up one level it will switch to the RamDisk. Navigate to the mp3. Now you can pop back in your SD card and use as normal. CallFilter will still play the mp3 from your RAMDISK!!!

P.S. when I say this is sad I am not referring to everyone. There isn't anything wrong with requesting features to be added or even asking for a beta version. It's when it gets mean that it becomes a problem.
    I think we all may be a bit spoiled by Marc Blank and Chatter.

Marc communicates freely with us here, post regular betas on his website, so we can find the problems and report back. More people testing a beta results in faster exposure of faults and their corrections.

I think vware did a good thing putting that post and beta on here but there is stall a way to go. Scandalex had a good point. We really don't want to hear from people who have been lucky enough to get something we want telling us the status of a product they have little or nothing to do with.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Give VWare a break!

He is doing quality work! I have been testing this beta for over a week and have not found one problem what so ever! If you follow his instructions you can't go wrong! I have tried his closest competition (lightwav) and it doesn’t even come close! Numerous soft resets (not to mention no call filter support) and the interaction with users is much better with VWare. VWare has a lot in store for the T600 community so please be patient! Let's not forget he uses a T600 too. He is just as excited about what he is doing as we are. We all complained about the lack of "should have been included" features that the Treo 600 had when it came out. Now that we have some developers that are willing to listen/create apps for our beloved Treo, you all want to beat him up! VWare is doing great things, but this app could be the last he develops if we don't show him some respect.

Ask yourself...... Can you do what he is doing?

If the answer is NO then know your roll and shut your hole!
    If the answer is YES then Step your a$$ up to the plate and develop somthing better!

Keep up the great work VWear. I'll be looking forward to trying your new updated Beta

Just my 2 cents.......

Fittske........Out!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  4.    #84  
    u guys on here I swear some of u sound like a bunch of sensitive homos. I was saying the man was workin on the mp3 feature. he has the OFFICIAL Release on palm gear. that man don't have to add any more features the program is already awesom IMO. he is trying to add all these extras. 30 is a good price to me especially when he is promissing free updates for registered users.

HOW MANY OF U GUYS HEARD OF SUCH A APP FOR ANY CELL PHONE? I HAVE NEVER SEEN NO ORDINARY PHONE BLOCKS AND FILTERS CERTAIN CALLS. this guy is making us treo users so unique. people just bugg out about the fact that my phone blocks users not in contacts and any # I choose to. this program is crazy man and he deserves 30 bucks for that.

REMEMBER I personally think the mp3 feature and the pic id could be two separate programs along with the callfilter. YOU CHEAP *******$!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by godfather

HOW MANY OF U GUYS HEARD OF SUCH A APP FOR ANY CELL PHONE? I HAVE NEVER SEEN NO ORDINARY PHONE BLOCKS AND FILTERS CERTAIN CALLS.
    Actually the Ericsson T68m that I bought over 2 years ago had something similar as standard.

Personally it annoys me that this feature did not come as standard but I don't think $30 is too much to pay for a call filter and blocking app. But as it doesn't block and I don't see the point of using such an app to play mp3 ringtones, I won't be buying it.
    The developer should post when he is going to be unavailable? Unually all I need to do is inform my boss and a few other pertinent people. I would rather the developer spend time working on the app instead of poisting that he is going to be gone. This is going to be a great app. From what I have found that you do less when people are screaming for something or complaining. Patience young Jedi!!!
    AT&T service, T600, puchased and installed the application yesterday. The only rule I have tested to this point is the forward calls while charging/cradle, and it has not worked at all. For the first time since I have had the T600, I have had to get out the paperclip to reset twice.
    did you use the version off palmgear.com or the new beta on the previous page of this thread?

and I haven't heard anyone having to reset their phone from using this app, so I'm thinking something else fubared the program, perhaps you are running some other software with overlapping features?
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Callfilter.zip, created on January 27th, I believe.
    download and try the beta that's on page 4 of this thread, it's dated the same but it is a newer revision.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I'll just start backing off other appliations....thanks anyway.
    u guys on here I swear some of u sound like a bunch of sensitive homos. I was saying the man was workin on the mp3 feature. he has the OFFICIAL Release on palm gear. that man don't have to add any more features the program is already awesom IMO. he is trying to add all these extras. 30 is a good price to me especially when he is promissing free updates for registered users.

HOW MANY OF U GUYS HEARD OF SUCH A APP FOR ANY CELL PHONE? I HAVE NEVER SEEN NO ORDINARY PHONE BLOCKS AND FILTERS CERTAIN CALLS. this guy is making us treo users so unique. people just bugg out about the fact that my phone blocks users not in contacts and any # I choose to. this program is crazy man and he deserves 30 bucks for that.

Yunno godfather you started this whole mess by going on about features that were only in the beta you had. I am sure no one would have wanted the beta if it didn't offer new features that YOU announced. Did you really think you would be the only one that wanted to test the mp3 functions?

I am also really curious about the sensitive homos comment. Is it only sensitive homos that want software that they cant have or do the regular kind want it as well. I didnt think a desire to test new features on a good but overpriced product was restricted to just homos, let alone only sensitive ones. Please explain yourself. I have never been aware of a tie between beta software and sexual orientation. Interesting indeed.

REMEMBER I personally think the mp3 feature and the pic id could be two separate programs along with the callfilter. YOU CHEAP *******$!!!!!!!!!
    Let me get this right. You think that mp3 and callid pic COULD be two SEPERATE programs ALONG WITH the callfilter.

Does that make anyone elses head hurt? Makes no freakin sense to me. How the .... can it be separate and along with at the same time? WTF is he talking about? I could make some disparaging remark about godfather but I am not in the habit of calling the less fortunate folks names. I think their plight is enough and they don't need to be called stupid or anything by a cheap ba$tard like me.

For what it's worth I don't think I'll have any use for this program. It's cool but I got a phone so I could talk to the people that call me, not hide from them. I'll be looking at Lightwav cause the ringer thing is all I really want. And of course it's cheaper. Nice Job anyway Vware.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    he shouldn't have gone off like that I agree, but he obviously doesn't understand the point. I tried the program, and it didn't work together with the Butler. Deleted it, and no more problem. Your right that he kept going on and on about how great it was, yet no one else saw/sees it. I paid for lightwav and am happy it works with the butler. Now i have LED control and MP3 / wave / midi ringers. Any minute we'll have the choice to individually assign the ringers. The support is great, and it's cheaper. If i dont want to hear the phone ring, i can flip the switch pretty quickly. Call Filter is only so great, callers still can tell the phone is on and in range, just being ignored (and you really Dont know they called because they are blocked)! Thanks for the effort, but I've made my vote with $$$. AND QUIT *****ING!!!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    FYI, Lightwav 1.1 is released to registered users. Individual ringtones has been added.

wait for the trial on www.toysoft.ca tomorrow.
    Originally posted by bleeze
    AT&T service, T600, puchased and installed the application yesterday. The only rule I have tested to this point is the forward calls while charging/cradle, and it has not worked at all. For the first time since I have had the T600, I have had to get out the paperclip to reset twice.
    Hi Bleeze,
    Here are a couple hints about the forwarding calls, cuz I am on ATT also...

1) Make sure you have the rule set to Forward Call, and make sure that the number you put in at the bottom of the screen has the areacode included.

2) When I first wrote this feature, I tried and tried, and it would not work...guess what the problem was? AT&T did not provision my phone for call forwarding even though I was paying for it! You may want to try manually forwarding your phone using the options in the phone section just to make sure that your phone is provisioned correctly. When my phone was configured incorrectly by ATT Wireless, if i did a manual forward, it would give an error "Operation Failed". Once I called ATT Wireless customer service, they reprovisioned my phone, and BAM...all started working again.

3) If you check this and things dont work, then please feel free to email me at callfiltersupport@velocityware.com I will definately get back to you by Thursday evening.

4) Oh Breeze, please please make sure you are aware of any charges from ATT for forwarding calls. On my plan, they charge 40 cent per minute for forwarded calls. And they wont subtract it from my minutes. Its always an additional charge per minute.

5) Sprint users need the beta posted a couple pages back in order for Call Forwarding to work.

Hope this helps...
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    VWare,

I think CallFilter is a great app. I have a feature request however:

In the system rule that controls what to do when charging or in the cradle, could you alter the Forward Call option so that when selected, I'm presented with a drop down list in the "To:" field instead of just a text line.

Here's the situation. I'm a laptop user and I have two cradles, one at the house and one at the office. Therefore, it would be nice to be able to enter both my home and office number into a list and then be able to select the appropriate number based on where I am, instead of having to type the number in each time I switch locations. Call me lazy, but that feature would appeal to me.

One more question, should the Charging/Cradle System Rule work when your Treo is docked in the cradle, and the charging cable isn't connected to the cradle? Thanks in advance for your consideration.
    My 2˘, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 » Treo 600 » Treo 700P » *** Unmentionable *** » Pre {rooted}
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I downloaded the zip file installed it and when I recived a incoming call from the number I asignd a song to, the phone would rest and the incomming call would go to voice mail.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Deeder
    I downloaded the zip file installed it and when I recived a incoming call from the number I asignd a song to, the phone would rest and the incomming call would go to voice mail.
    If you were using a prior version of Callfilter, it must be deleted befor installing a newer version.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Originally posted by smiley88
    FYI, Lightwav 1.1 is released to registered users. Individual ringtones has been added.

wait for the trial on www.toysoft.ca tomorrow.

I don't think that this was necessary........
    My Phone history.....
    Ya cause no one but supporters of this software can post in this thread. Fittske get over yourself.

Woof
    — Ed Howdershelt
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast