Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    i agree, if blocked, we dont want the blocked party to know we don't want their calls, we just have them think 'his ph0ne must be turned off or he'd take the call!' just ringing, then going to voicemail the caller will conclude : ' he sees im calling, i hear it ringing, he must not want to take my call' I'd rather them go right to vm.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Originally posted by MVT
    Sounds backward. If the phone is off, the caller wouldn't hear any rings.

If the caller is hearing rings, the caller may conclude you are screening calls.
    Or they may conclude that you just possibly can't answer your phone.
    I agree. I prefer them to think that I just can't reach my phone or have the ringer turned off then that I turned off my phone.
    If you are all so worried about what your callers think, answer the phone. All cell phones have caller id so the possibility of screening exists already. This app isn't creating that situation.

If everyone who calls you expects you to answer without fail, YOU have set unreal expectations when giving out your number. I just tell my clients that if I don't answer I am with someone else. No one throws a fit. Seems many people are worried a little too much about appearing to screen their calls.

What I would like to see is a link to the stupid beta of the miraculous product. The palmgear link is weeks old and has no mp3 support. Anyone?

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Originally posted by Woof
    What I would like to see is a link to the stupid beta of the miraculous product. The palmgear link is weeks old and has no mp3 support. Anyone?
    What I would like to see is a program similar to this one at a reasonable price.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I stand corrected. Mr Heberman has hit the nail on the head.

Although it would still be fun to try it out. Clearly no one wants me to. No chance in hell I'll buy this unless I can actually try it out.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Did the developer fix the problem with the caller id pictures???

That was one of my main complaints.
    Okay everyone calm down. The developer is out of town right now. He said he may have time late today or tomorrow to work on some additional features. When he is available he will probably send the beta out to those that are waiting. I say probably because he might not want to many beta versions circulating before he gets the program to a certain point. This is why I will not send or post the beta for anyone. Believe me when he has time he will respond.
    Originally posted by TreoPX
    Did the developer fix the problem with the caller id pictures???

That was one of my main complaints.

Ok Bigtreo could you please answer the question please.Or did u not see my post.
    That feature has not been resolved in the Beta that I have.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Originally posted by godfather
    I finally bought that product, and what it does its really amazing to me. I can now block calls by category, for example, If I dont want my "business" category not bothering me on a vacation, I can now send those callers straight to voice mail, without being notified at all, its like the phone is not ringing at all.

The developer sent me as a bonus, something that he was just testing I guess. It gave me the ability to set any mp3 as my ringtone. So I was playing a MOBB DEEP Beat, in pure MP3, as my ring tone. People I knew was really buggin when they heard it.

Callfilter, this program does so much more than what I just mentioned, it even blocks callers and send them right to voicemail if there are not in my contacts, or even block individual callers with certain numbers. Whats cool about it, when u block someone, they dont know they are being blocked, the phone "rings" 4 full times then go right to voicemail...

I tried the product out and I did not see anthing that would let me make mp3's my ringtones.
    does anyone else have this problem.
    The developer has a different version than what is on the website that plays MP3's.
    TreoPX - I don't use picture caller id. Sorry bud...
    Hi guys...
    I am still traveling...and my time is quite constrained. I LOVE my Treo 600, and I have tried to respond to as many emails as possible via my little keyboard. As many of you know, I get about 100 emails a day, and I stop whatever I am doing and personally respond to each and every one.

I was really disappointed when someone just emailed me to tell me to look on PalmGear...someone just posted something really mean! I have only been out of email communication for about 18 hours. To make it worse, I had actually responded to that guy from my Treo and it bounced back...twice! So much for my good intentions....

So, I am going to do something which is probably computer suicide and goes against my better judgement. I am actually going to post the last beta that I have been distributing to testers. I havent released it because I am not done.... I am going as fast as I can though, honest. The nice thing about Treo Central is that there are a lot of really nice people on here, and there are also a lot of really intelligent people here also! Some of the feedback has been outstanding, and I have been trying to implement everyones suggestions. There is not a single comment or suggestion that I have not written down and I am keeping track of all of them. I am prioritizing features based on if multiple people ask for the same thing.

Here are a couple points about this beta...

1) This is a beta. The officially supported version of CallFilter is the version posted at PalmGear.com. This is a preview of the next release but is not done.
    2) I do know about the Picture Caller ID issue and it is NOT fixed in this beta release. This is not a simple thing to resolve. That is because the problem is NOT in CallFilter. The problem is in how the Treo 600 interprets certain Phone Events. I am trying to work on a workaround. Handspring has documented somethings regarding the Treo 600, but keep in mind that NOTHING regarding 'call control' is documented by Handspring. The only way to make any of this blocking stuff work is by PURE TIME CONSUMING HACKING. So this is not a standard palm app. This is all UNTREADED, UNDOCUMENTED ground here. Please have a lilttle patience with me on this issue.
    3) Sometimes the MP3 plays for a second after you answer the call. This is a problem that can be fixed and will be fixed before the next beta. I am working on it now.
    4) The Ring Volume level is not being used by CallFilter....I am working on this now....
    5) The Vol up and down to silence the MP3 logic is not done yet, but will be completed soon.
    6) There is no need to SILENCE your midi files when using CallFilter...Calfilter handles this all for you automatically. If for some reason a MP3 file is not available to play, it will default to using your system defined MIDI ringtone.
    7) PLEASE remove any existing copy of CallFilter from your Treo600 before installing this Beta version. If you dont do this step, you may encounter soft-resets. This beta does not upgrade old rules yet, but of course, the final version will...
    8) You need pocket tunes Version 2.1 or greater to use the MP3 feature. If you are doing an upgrade of pockettunes, be sure to do a soft-reset when you are done. it seems like pocket-tunes requires a softreset to work reliablly after you upgrade pockettunes.
    9) Support for Multiple SD cards loaded at the same time is not in here yet. But it will be very soon. This will be added in the next version so you can use a RamDisk to store your MP3s/WAVS.
    10) Whats new in this beta...
    a) Ability to filter based on Categories in your Contacts!
    b) MP3 and WAV support.
    c) Call Forwarding when In Cradle works now on Sprint Phones
    d) You can setup MP3s for individual phone numbers, or categories by selecting RING AS NORMAL as the action...then you will be able to pick an MP3.
    11) Oh, and dont forget...this is a beta...a sneak peak...but i am not done...yet

I wont be back to my normal routine till Thursday night. I will try my best to answer any questions you have before then, if at all possible. If you have any problems or questions with this release, please email me at callfiltersupport@velocityware.com .

THIS MESSAGE ON TREOCENTRAL IS ABSOLUTELY THE ONLY PLACE I AM POSTING THIS BETA. I am going to leave the normal stable version posted on PalmGear and at the website until all the testers give me a thumbs up on the new version that I am working on.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Suicide? Not in my book. I'd have to say $30 doesn't seem so much now and I havent even downloaded the beta yet.

this guy sounds very committed to putting out a good product.

Pretty crappy of someone to go postal on palmgear.

Gonna try this app out. I am impressed with vware and if the product is as good as the support it will be worth $30.

Let's do this up right people.

Ya I know I changed my tune. A guy can make mistakes.

Woof
    — Ed Howdershelt
    LISTEN UP YOU GUYS !!! The guy is doing us a favor by testing a software that isnt actually out yet, you all should be gratefull ! You expect the whole world and probably a vacation in mars for 30 bucks !!! If you bought the one posted on palmgear thats all you get !!! Say goodbye to your 30 bucks, Vware is actually making us test his future apps and he is trying to help everyone. STOP WHINNING !!
    It`s not how you stand by your car, It`s how you race your car.
    Originally posted by xjetx
    LISTEN UP YOU GUYS !!! The guy is doing us a favor by testing a software that isnt actually out yet, you all should be gratefull ! You expect the whole world and probably a vacation in mars for 30 bucks !!! If you bought the one posted on palmgear thats all you get !!! Say goodbye to your 30 bucks, Vware is actually making us test his future apps and he is trying to help everyone. STOP WHINNING !!

The guy is doing us a favor? Ok, I have had enough. I have sat here and read EVERY single post, and the people that whined/complained had every right to do so.

Give the guy a break.....he is doing us a favor. Lets not get it twisted, this is a one hand washing the other type scenario.

Without people begging for this app, there wouldnt be anyway ALL the bugs could be worked out; its like that in any type of BETA testing. Do you really think he would only test it on his OWN phone and attempt to sell it to the public for $30?

That comment about a vacation to Mars for $30....you'd probably be in the front of the line getting on the first flight out if you could get on it for half that price.

"Testing a product thats not out yet"....."One posted on PalmGear"....I dont know about anyone else; but if it is on a reputable site, and available for purchase......then it is OUT!

And my last point of interest; those of you that are testing, I applaude you. Without testers, applications take forever to become available.

To the developer, VW....YOU are the man with the busy schedule. The least you could/should do is take a moment and post to let people know when YOU are going to be unavailable for a certain amount of time.

Doing so will not leave people feeling as though they have been abandoned (which is common when interaction takes place via PC). Your absence should not be left up to the one or two people, who have in some way been informed of your whereabouts; who speak as though they personally carried your luggage to the airport.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    That wasn't right for you to blast that dude like that on palmgear, TreoPX. The dude is trying his best to release the product as fast as he can. And plus, on palmgear it makes no mention of mp3 support. This is something he is trying to introduce into the next version. Ya'll need to give dude a break.

If everyone who calls you expects you to answer without fail, YOU have set unreal expectations when giving out your number. I just tell my clients that if I don't answer I am with someone else. No one throws a fit. Seems many people are worried a little too much about appearing to screen their calls.

Well I'm glad that your situation works well for you, I however would like to be able to block calls rather than just have them ring without any notification.

Woof
    Surely you'd expect to see proper blocking functions over mp3 support in a call filter application???? Seems to me that some people are a little too hung up on mp3 support.
    scandalex I love your fonts color, it is so sexy...If you dont like it, dont buy it!
    It`s not how you stand by your car, It`s how you race your car.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast