Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by idean
    OK, maybe I'm cheap... but $30 seems high for Palm software. I won't even buy an XBox game until I can find it used for less than $30...

Too bad I can't buy used Palm software.

Let me know if you have a sale. I'm looking for $15 max.

I'm pretty sure that he won't be having a sale considering he keeps adding more functionality. It's definitly worth it. He said that the closes thing he could find was for a landline phone and it was over $200. So I'd say your probably getting it on sale as it is (almost 85% off).

Orginally posted by MVT
    I'm anxious to try out the MP3 ringtone part too but the developer hasn't emailed me back...
    He won't be getting back to anyone till Tuesday night or Wednesday. Other priorities.

digidep
    Yes Vware is busy busy..Two days ago I sent him an email and I got a reply within minutes.. I had a problem with the app ( I couldnt use mp3 as my ringtone ) And he helped me fix it in 2 emails, I`d say a time span of 15 mins..
    The price? yes sir 30 bucks is kinda steep but let me tell you, It is well worth it..And consider this, we get beta versions from vware himself. For free...ANd if he upgrades it, i`m pretty sure he wont forget us.. right V ? hehehe
    It`s not how you stand by your car, It`s how you race your car.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I am Beta testing a version of call filter that.........

(drum roll........)

Lets you not only assign ringers to a group of contacts, but it lets you assign MP3 ringers to individual callers!!!!!

This APP is the shiznit!!!

It now does everything!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Okay if it's stable, with the individual MP3s per caller it's now probably worth $30. VM please post when a demo with all these features is available. If it doesn't crash my Treo I'll buy.

Regards,
    --Mathew
    does it have support for midis / polyphonic ringtones?

Originally posted by Fittske
    I am Beta testing a version of call filter that.........

(drum roll........)

Lets you not only assign ringers to a group of contacts, but it lets you assign MP3 ringers to individual callers!!!!!

This APP is the shiznit!!!

It now does everything!
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    you can play your midis, wavs, and mp3's. It looks to be a good little program. filter out groups or individuals or unavailable. But mp3/wav ringers are like going from black and white to color tv, you wont want to go back to the midis after hearing the music.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Thanks Christo. Good to see that you are still around . Havent received my SD Card yet so cannot test the MP3 stuff. Are the MP3s loud enough to be ringtones? Do you have to shorten them etc or can you use regular length MP3s?

Originally posted by christo1970
    you can play your midis, wavs, and mp3's. It looks to be a good little program. filter out groups or individuals or unavailable. But mp3/wav ringers are like going from black and white to color tv, you wont want to go back to the midis after hearing the music.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    I have the same problem with both LightWav and Call Filter (with MP3's).

When I answer a call, my caller hears about a second of music. Not really professional...particularly if I have AC/DC or Rush as my Ringer...
    Not responding til tues or wednesday and his site is down?

Lotsa people gonna try and buy this one.

With the addition of the mp3 ringer for individual callers this has some appeal. Still steep on the price but maybe....IF I COULD TEST THE STUPID PRODUCT WITHOUT HAVING TO WAIT DAYS FOR A COPY OF IT!!!

Anyone care to email me the latest beta? use the email button

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Originally posted by MVT
    I have the same problem with both LightWav and Call Filter (with MP3's).

When I answer a call, my caller hears about a second of music. Not really professional...particularly if I have AC/DC or Rush as my Ringer...
    Actually, that -could- be REALLY cool. Imagine if it could be turned into your very own HOLD MUSIC!
    the ringers are loud enough, depends on how the start of your choice of song is i guess. Im using the dukes of hazard - good old boys - and it will play only as long as the phone is ringing actively.....
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Originally posted by Woof
    Anyone care to email me the latest beta? use the email button

Woof
    You can e-mail a copy of that latest demo over here also because I haven't heard back from the developer either. Thanks.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I have a request pending with the author, too, but if anyone cares to email me a copy, it would be most appreciated!

Thanks!
    Hi

Can somebody with the latest release please answer this question?

When you 'block' a number, does the caller get forwarded directly to voicemail or do they get the ringing tone and then forwarded to voicemail?

In the original release the caller heard the ringing tone for the usual amount of time before being forwarded to voiecmail. This in my mind isn't blocking, just simply making the treo not ring.

If the caller just gets the ringing tone then they think they're being screened, I want them to think my phone is switched off.

Thanks in advance...
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    The callfilter demo is located Here

Enjoy!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Thanks, but that is not the developer's beta with extra functions discussed above.
    Originally posted by Fittske
    The callfilter demo is located Here
    The date on this version says Jan. 25, 2004. Is their a later version?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Cmon Fittske, we're asking for something current.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Originally posted by mouseymousey
    Hi

Can somebody with the latest release please answer this question?

When you 'block' a number, does the caller get forwarded directly to voicemail or do they get the ringing tone and then forwarded to voicemail?

In the original release the caller heard the ringing tone for the usual amount of time before being forwarded to voiecmail. This in my mind isn't blocking, just simply making the treo not ring.

If the caller just gets the ringing tone then they think they're being screened, I want them to think my phone is switched off.

Thanks in advance...
    The caller hears the 4 or 5 rings bedore he gets the voicemail. As if the phone was off.
    --
    Manfred
    Sounds backward. If the phone is off, the caller wouldn't hear any rings.

If the caller is hearing rings, the caller may conclude you are screening calls.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast