Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Those forums are down.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    can you block individual numbers and not send them to voicemail, just have the phone pretend to ring forever on their side, or better yet, hang up on them, or play a message saying they have been blocked permanently?
    CallFilter is fine for the Treo 600. It is unstable and unreliable on the 650. I don't knpw about the 700.
    Support is poor to nonexistent (I've had better support with some freeware titles).
  4. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    CallFilter is fine for the Treo 600. It is unstable and unreliable on the 650. I don't know about the 700. Support is poor to nonexistent (I've had better support with some freeware titles).
    I disagree that it is unstable. It's "unreliability" can be traced to some well known issues that are easily addressed. I suggest anyone trying to use Callfilter on the 650 review the postings at http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/board,24.0.html.

I agree with your comment about the level of support. When the product initially hit the market, it was extremely well supported. Now, though Velocityware has a few individuals providing support for Callfilter, there are large gaps between releases with little feedback in between. The developer had some personal issues to deal with around the announcement of the 650 and though a working version (with subsequent updates) was eventually released, I believe this is still a situation where life supersedes software development. Nonetheless, I've had relatively few issues and none that couldn't be addressed by reviewing the postings listed on the website.

Good luck. BTW, I am just a satisfied user.
    Great app dudes! No problem with it at all! Thanks!
  6. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle
    can you block individual numbers and not send them to voicemail, just have the phone pretend to ring forever on their side, or better yet, hang up on them, or play a message saying they have been blocked permanently?
    In answer your specific questions,

1) Yes you can block specific numbers but your options are limited to the following:
    -Send to Voicemail --rings like normal to the caller, then goes to VM
    -Pickup & Hangup -- just like it says; answers then hangs up
    -Auto Answer -- rings for 5 seconds then answers
    -Ignore Call -- immediately goes to VM
    -Ring as Normal -- just like any regular call

2) Though this is a feature I have never tried to use, you can supposedly play an MP3 of whatever message you choose once the phone answers. I don't know how it works or how to configure it, but the feature is described as part of the latest version for the 650 (v1.3.2 Beta 1). So, I suppose you could record a message saying something like, "Sorry, but your calls have been permanently blocked for this number" and have it played for the callers you choose.

You can always try the app for a 10 day trial before buying. I suggest you read some of the info about software conflicts on mytreo.net before downloading. Use the website I posted in my earlier message. Hope that helps.
    I am trying the trail version, but I can not filter international calls.

I am guessing for trail version, you do not get all the features.

I try to find the location info, but was unsuccessful.

Does anyone know how this feature works?
    "Ring Screen Called LOCATION INFOAbility to Display Approximate Location of Incoming Calls"

http://www.velocityware.com/callfilter/cfinfo.htm
  8. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by Norboo View Post
    I am trying the trail version, but I can not filter international calls.

I am guessing for trail version, you do not get all the features.

I try to find the location info, but was unsuccessful.

Does anyone know how this feature works?
    "Ring Screen Called LOCATION INFOAbility to Display Approximate Location of Incoming Calls"

http://www.velocityware.com/callfilter/cfinfo.htm
    I think you can find more info on this at mytreo.net. Velocityware has its own forum for Callfilter. As for the location info, I've never found this feature. Instead I use CityID (www.cequint.com) but I think the database only covers North America.
    The version for the Treo 650 is a beta, when it works, it works great. It has issues and I miss calls routinely. Don't make your default ringtone anything that is stored on a SD card because CF will not be able to find the ringtone if:
    the card is ejected
    you run softstick card export
    CF is having a bad day.

Always make sure your default ringtone is in the RAM.

Oh yeah, support for it, hahahahahaha whatever. You get better support for a commodore 64.

the developer has pretty much disappeared and left a nice person to run the forum (yes she is nice) but she doesn't code the software. He made his money and ran!
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415