Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 289
  1. #261  
    Tek - I'm running v1.2 on my Treo600 and have about 12 rules setup. None of the rules have photo caller id configured. Yet I am constantly getting several error messages in my Phone Status regarding picture caller id not found or not shown or something to that effect (just erased all the error messages). I've read about this problem in the past but could not find its resolution in a search. Can you help?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  2. #262  
    Well first thing to check is to make sure you have the latest build of callfilter 1.2
    http://www.velocityware.com/downloads/callfilter.zip

    Any pattern to the errors? are they comming in on all calls or only some of them? certain time of day, etc.

    feel free to shoot me an email at callfiltersupport@velocityware.com, I tend to be a bit faster at responding to emails.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

  3. #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Well first thing to check is to make sure you have the latest build of callfilter 1.2
    http://www.velocityware.com/downloads/callfilter.zip

    Any pattern to the errors? are they comming in on all calls or only some of them? certain time of day, etc.

    feel free to shoot me an email at callfiltersupport@velocityware.com, I tend to be a bit faster at responding to emails.
    I'd say that was quite a fast response actually. Thank you. In my above post, I indicated I was running version 1.2 and could not locate a build number or subset number beyond that. Even the readme file does not offer more details. So if I already have 1.2 is it safe to assume that's the latest and greatest? Reinstalled your version anyway and will continue testing. Will email you results.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  4. #264  
    Hey, I shoulda clarified, if you select options->about there will be a build date listed there. The latest build of 1.2 is sept 17.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

  5. #265  
    Thanks. I've had the latest version (1.2 Sep 17 2004 18:54:27). So to answer your questions for troubleshooting, I can't say there is any noticeable pattern happening. The log simply fills up with messages regarding picture caller id even though none of my rules have that feature selected. Is this the first you've heard of this problem?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  6. #266  
    Yeah actually it is the first time I've heard of this problem. It sounds like one of your rules is set to use picture ID call screen, even though there might not have been any picture assigned to it.

    First thing I can think to look at is the general preferences default ringtone and double check the rules to see if any of them are set to use the picture caller id on an incomming call, you can set the screen without actually assigning a picture, so it may simply have been an accident in setting that.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Thanks. I've had the latest version (1.2 Sep 17 2004 18:54:27). So to answer your questions for troubleshooting, I can't say there is any noticeable pattern happening. The log simply fills up with messages regarding picture caller id even though none of my rules have that feature selected. Is this the first you've heard of this problem?
    I've experienced the exact same problem you are having as well on the Sprint T600 I had. Since then though, I've upgraded to a Sprint T650 and have not been able to use Callfilter (which I loved so much and deeply miss) so I would not be able to assist with any troubleshooting. I just wanted to say "you are not alone". Good luck with your issue Beantown!

    P.S. - If I'm late and don't know what I'm talking about, please forgive me. Will callfilter ever work with the T650? If it already does, can someone point me to a link on where to download it for the 650? Thanks!
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
  8. #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Yeah actually it is the first time I've heard of this problem. It sounds like one of your rules is set to use picture ID call screen, even though there might not have been any picture assigned to it.

    First thing I can think to look at is the general preferences default ringtone and double check the rules to see if any of them are set to use the picture caller id on an incomming call, you can set the screen without actually assigning a picture, so it may simply have been an accident in setting that.
    Tek - thanks for your ongoing help with this. I've been through the preferences prior to posting my question and double-checked all preferences again after your advice. I also checked the photo display preferences of other applications that may or may not be involved here - Agendus has image features that show the contacts' photo but I don't have that feature active. Can't think of any other issues. Either we'll have to call this a bug or I'll eventually find any third-party apps that could be the problem/conflict.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  9. #269  
    I suppose the easiest way to find out where the problem is is to get you to use something like backupbuddy vfs and create a backup than do a hard reset. After which just slowly reinstall software until the error crops up again. Definitely want to create a backup so that you can restore it when you realize that you nixed something important .
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

  10. #270  
    Has CallFilter been re-released for the 650 yet? I really would like to get my money's worth since I paid full price for it with my 600 in april. Just a thought.
  11. #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    I suppose the easiest way to find out where the problem is is to get you to use something like backupbuddy vfs and create a backup than do a hard reset. After which just slowly reinstall software until the error crops up again. Definitely want to create a backup so that you can restore it when you realize that you nixed something important .
    Thanks for your help Tek. I have BackUpMan so that's covered. But I'd grow old and gray before I found the problem going app by app on the reinstall of all my software and subsequent testing of each app between the reinstallations. I've already been through any apps involving the phone or caller picture id and have disabled any similar and possibly conflicting feature-sets. Chalk this one up as a possible bug for if and when the developer(s) decide to get back on the CallFilter horse. Thanks again.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  12. #272  
    Will do, if you ever happenstance across the solution be sure to send it my way. I figure if it crops up once, it's bound to come up again.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

  13. #273  
    Again... is a 650 version out? If not.... kinda unusual.... after all the 650 has been out a while now....
  14. #274  
    The program is good, although it crashed my Treo 600.

    I narrowed the problem down by not using CallFilter for a month, no crashes when the phone rings.

    I put CallFilter back on, sometimes when I receive a call, my Treo 600 resets itself, so I have no clue who tried to call me. I gotta guess who called and keep calling people back.



    Stan
    550.5.7.1
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
  15. Hicks's Avatar
    Posts
    936 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #275  
    Any release date information for the 650 version yet?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

    Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  16. deanfx's Avatar
    Posts
    288 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    #276  
    It has been my understanding that CallFilter updates have been indefinitly postponed. However I am using CallShield 2.5a with a GSM treo, and it is working "OK".
  17. #277  
    I've been following the CallFilter/Treo 650 saga for the past several months - hoping to log on one day to find it's finally been updated. Alas, I doubt it will be, though I hope I'm wrong.

    CallFilter has one "minor" feature that, for me, is worth more than the entire rest of the program. It can automatically prompt after a call for call notes that are then saved to the contact's note field. None of the CallFilter competitors can do this AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $None$ $of$ $the$ $PIM$ $replacements$ $out$ $there$ $do$ $it$. $TakePhone$ $doesn$'$t$ $either$. $There$'$s$ $even$ $a$ $program$ $out$ $there$ $called$ &$quot$;$Call$ $Notes$&$quot$; $which$ ($astoundingly$, $since$ $it$ $seems$ $to$ $exist$ $for$ $the$ $narrow$ $purpose$ $of$ $creating$ $call$ $notes$) $also$ $cannot$ $do$ $it$.

    Hopefully someday a developer will add this functionality to their product - or maybe CallFilter will re-emerge as a viable product. Either way, such functionality seems an obvious winner in a converged device like the Treo.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  18. amf
    amf is offline
    amf's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    #278  
    The next version of Lightwav will have that feature- Call notes.
  19. #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by deanfx
    It has been my understanding that CallFilter updates have been indefinitly postponed. However I am using CallShield 2.5a with a GSM treo, and it is working "OK".
    Is the program working with treo650 GSM? Do you have a link for callshield 2.5?
  20. deanfx's Avatar
    Posts
    288 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    #280  
    I do not have a link for download, however it is available on their forums somewhere here:

    www.mantragroup.com/forums/

Posting Permissions