Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    VWare: Is there any way to set an alrm for other apps? Such as Snapper? And datebook-alarms? I'd like my Treo to announce new new email with MP3/Wav...
    Quote Originally Posted by stynos
    VWare: Is there any way to set an alrm for other apps? Such as Snapper? And datebook-alarms? I'd like my Treo to announce new new email with MP3/Wav...
    Not yet, but this is something that I am planning for an upcoming version.
    Well as a long time user of CallShield, I have to admit that I'm impressed with the progress in this last release of Callfilter. I might make Callfilter my phone manager and CallShield my SMS manager as MantraGroup has been very quiet as of late.
    With all the hype I had to download the app right away, and give it a whirl. After modifing the Caller ID Blocked rule I got the following error and subsequent reset:

"Callfilter": MemoryMgr.c, Line:3760, Invalid chunk ptr

Seems like whenever I try to touch that rule I get the same error over and over again. Anyone got any ideas?

Dunc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    With all the hype I had to download the app right away, and give it a whirl. After modifing the Caller ID Blocked rule I got the following error and subsequent reset:

"Callfilter": MemoryMgr.c, Line:3760, Invalid chunk ptr

Seems like whenever I try to touch that rule I get the same error over and over again. Anyone got any ideas?

Dunc
    I recommend you delete that rule, and re-create it. That rule may have been from some old version of CallFilter that is not compatible with the New CallFilter V1.2. CallFilter V1.2 tries its best to upgrade any old rules...but its possible some old rule slipped through the upgrade check. If you continue to have trouble, please email me at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com, so we can get you all fixed up.

Rob
    does it allow for mp3 SMS? and wav for ringtone? can you set a different mp3/wav fir each contact? i was just about to buy lightwav but maybe this is better thanks for your help
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Is it possible to have Autoanswer default to the speakerphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Is it possible to have Autoanswer default to the speakerphone?
    I never thought of that. Let me add that to the future features list.
    I want to mention some of the Profiles I have set up and the rules in each profile to encourage folks to explore this functionality. IMHO the profiles integration is one of the most amazing advancements of CallFilter!

My Profiles are:

Brightcam
    Brightcam freeware is activated!
    - Brightness / contrast set automatically
    - Ring volume set automatically
    Fun MP3 ringtones are activated!
    "Work" calls show notes field
    "Personal" calls have picture ID
    "Family" ringtone assigned.
    No caller ID - sent to voicemail
    Not in contact list - announce number!

Daytime Bright
    Bright screen
    Loud ring
    Keyboard backlight off

Daytime Dark
    Medium to bright screen
    Loud ring
    Keyboard backlight off

Nightime Bright
    Dark screen
    Loud ring
    Keyboard backlight on

Nightime Dark
    Darkest screen
    Soft ring volume
    Keyboard backlight on

Office
    Bright screen
    Medium ring volume
    Keyboard backlight off
    Fun MP3 ringtones are DEACTIVATED!
    Serious MP3 ringtones are ACTIVATED!
    "Personal" calls sent to voicemail
    "Family" calls allowed through.
    Not in contact list - sent to voicemail

Movie
    Darkest screen
    Soft ring volume
    Keyboard backlight on
    "Work" - sent to voicemail
    Not in contact list - sent to voicemail

Opera (for others this might be Church/Synagogue etc)
    Darkest screen
    Ringer silenced.
    Keyboard backlight on
    All calls sent to voicemail
    All SMS messages supressed
    Mute activated.

Bar & Nightclub
    Darkest screen
    Loudest ring volume
    Vibration on
    Keyboard backlight on
    "Work" calls sent to voicemail
    "Family" calls have ringtones
    Not in contact list - ringtone assigned
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenft
    I want to mention some of the Profiles I have set up and the rules in each profile to encourage folks to explore this functionality. IMHO the profiles integration is one of the most amazing advancements of CallFilter!
    What profiles program are you using? I'm using the "simple profile manager" and I'm wondering if another one of the profiles programs offers more options (since the "simple profiles manager" is no longer being actively updated).
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    What profiles program are you using? I'm using the "simple profile manager" and I'm wondering if another one of the profiles programs offers more options (since the "simple profiles manager" is no longer being actively updated).
    I have been using Simple Profile Manager since it's early days and like it. But I have read a lot things about Profeo that make me think it's worth evaluating, and the author has written some other programs that I consider essential. So I would give it a try. If you're interested in learning more, here's a link that will interest you.

Cheers
    I'm a rookie/novice downloaded callfilter, how do i get the mp3 tunes...help
    Bob Shipman
    President
    Congressional District Foundation, PA One
    http://www.congress1.org
    Quote Originally Posted by rmship
    Hello, Why don't you send me an email at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com and I'll walk you you through everything you need to do to get what you want out of callfilter.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by rmship
    Hi, try this link with a collection of tailored MP3 sounds:

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=275

Good luck,
    --konfucius
    When selecting my mp3 ring tone I can only see 21 files in my card under the Audio directory when I have 74 mp3's.
    I didn't want to bring this up again, but my CF 1.2 isn't behaving very well for a couple of months now. If 2 or more sms arrive, the 2nd and subsequent messages aren't announced. I know it's coz of pTunes not being able to catch up. However, after I've read all the messages, I notice that pTunes set the volume back to zero. I've soft-reset numerous times just to get rid of it, but once the above-mentioned situation occurs, it's back to square one. Cycling thru the different profiles (simple profile manager) would cure it for the moment, but only until I get multiple sms messages again. I don't know what to do! I didn't want to voice it out, but it's driving me nuts!!! Any ideas? Suggestions? Please?
    Lordphong - I am still not sure why this problem crops up, Callfilter doesn't do anything special in browsing for mp3's. Anyway, a good workaround that has come up is to make multiple directories like audio1 and audio2 then divide your mp3s across them.

Manilenio - There is a known problem that when an sms comes in that displays the alert window anything that happens afterwords won't be caught by callfilter. If there is an alert up, the phone won't pass any information along so Callfilter never even gets a chance.

Shoot me an email at callfiltersupport AT velocityware DOT com and we'll work on this problem.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Tekara - I found out the problem. It has to do with long file names. For some reason CF doesn't handle long file names too well. I have another workaround but it sux. Basically, I renamed everything in it's 8.3 convention and all the files are now listed. Could it be that CF is not using the OS's GUI for browsing the file system? I don't kow. I'm a windows programmer, not Palm.

manilenio - I experienced that problem where the ringer volume is set to minimum for some reason. I think you're right about it being related to pTunes /w CF.
    Tekara, what's really irritating is that pTunes sets the volume to zero. I understand the known problem that subsequent alerts don't get to CF, but it's the volume being set to zero that gets my goat. I'm at a point where I'm about to just delete pTunes, and just let CF handle what's to be done to incoming calls/sms without the mp3/wav tones. I mean, I think I'll just use the regular midis to alert me. I just wish CF had the means to use midi for sms instead of just mp3/wav.
    I'm using the trial version to test things out and I've found that on all incoming calls the phone vibrates as well as rings. I do not have the phone set to vibrate in any of my preferences. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Is there a way to stop it?

Thanks