Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, is there a way to chat with someone with AIM thru the built in SMS software ? if yes, how
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
  3.    #3  
    Oh, thanks so much. looks like it only works GSM, I have Sprint.
    I am looking for the EXACT same thing. post if you find any freeware that works. thanx
    I wanted freeware (hate paying for apps, I am sure we all do). well I searched this board and found aim for palm for free, uk version. just installed, no prob. I know it doesnt work with sms but if you got vision its free.
    I don't believe that works with Cingular, or if it does I can't figure out how to log in.
  7.    #7  
    I tried it, it gave me that reset loop thingy...
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by MVT
    I don't believe that works with Cingular, or if it does I can't figure out how to log in.
    SMS chat or aim UK?
    I was talking about the SMS chat program.
  10.    #10  
    Oh, that's the problem I was also having,it says "eror registoring, please try again"

P.S. I emailed the guy, I will post if he replys...
    That was the same problem I was having...so I just deleted the file.

I still have it and would love it if it worked but if it doesn't, so be it!
  12.    #12  
    Somehow I thought that once SMS is gonna be working, I would be able to respond to AOL IM also. (I saw it SOMEWHERE....)
    I am pretty sure "chatter" will let you but I have not used it (I LOVE free aps, but you get what you pay for!)
  14.    #14  
    I am talking about using the built in SMS software... I KNOW, what I can BUY.... Thanks anyway
    Originally posted by Mahootzki
    Somehow I thought that once SMS is gonna be working, I would be able to respond to AOL IM also. (I saw it SOMEWHERE....)
    On cingular we cannot initiate an aim chat thread but we can carry on once someone else has started one from a pc. Have you tried to send yourself a message from your aim client and then responded?
  16.    #16  
    Oh, that's what I wanna know, to what do I send it too, do I do it to my cell number or what?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Ya I was hoping that after Sprint got thier SMS up and runing this would be possible just like it is with all the other carriers. I'm in ST. Louis where SMS is working and I still can't reply to AIM through SMS.
  18.    #18  
    I wanna "bump" this, because I haveto find out if there is a way to send an IM to my T600 and how??? (from my comp. to my phone using AIM)
    If you need instant messaging with AIM, MM, ICQ, Yahoo, etc. you just need to get Chatter. Go to:

http://www.imchatter.com for info.
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    SMS Chat only works on T-Mobile (and probably AT&T).

These providers offer an "AIM over SMS" service that the other providers don't. Right now, though, there are some issues with SMS Chat on the Treo 600. I haven't had time to look at them, but if I get a lot of messages and don't notice them and take some sort of action, it will lock up the Treo and require a soft reset. I never had this problem on my 270.

I'll look into it when I get a chance.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast