1.    #1  
    I seem to recall someone saying that the T600 was no longer being sold by Best Buy. Can somone confirm or deny? I have a friend who got a bunch of Best Buy Gift Cards for his birthday and is dying to get a T600. The local BB people say they're sold out. I don't expect them to know anything. He needs the Sprint version BTW.

Thanks!
    As of yesterday, the BB in Fairfax, VA had a demo on display and one in a box.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    best buy in bay shore, ny has it every time i go there. i know because i stop each time and look at it and try to convince myself it's worth changing from my treo300 which is working just fine...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I just bought one from a Best Buy in Los Angeles. Got the extended warranty so I can just swap for a new one if there's a problem, etc.
    Originally posted by rforrest
    I just bought one from a Best Buy in Los Angeles. Got the extended warranty so I can just swap for a new one if there's a problem, etc.
    Good luck with that. I have a Treo 300 with an extended warranty from BB. I have been having battery and call drop issues for the last month. So I called Sprint to check out my reception at my home and they said that it was definitely my phone. So I went into the Sprint store to get it checked out and they couldn't even connect with it on their diagnostic tool. So Sprint gave me a "failed test" repair order. I went into BB and told them I was having phone problems and that I wanted to utilize my extended warranty to get it fixed. The tech told me that I was having a "software problem" and that software problems weren't covered under the extended warranty.

I asked him what the warranty covered and he basically said that I wouldn't be getting my phone fixed or replaced by them. The long and short of it is, don't think that a Best Buy extended warranty is worth a cent.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Originally posted by sethjvm
    So Sprint gave me a "failed test" repair order. I
    So just ask sprint to give you a copy of the "failed test" repair order, and take that to best buy. If that dosen't work just go to another untill someone helps.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I posted some interesting excerpts from the Best Buy PSP in another thread here:

Best Buy PSP details

Regards,
    ERic
    Originally posted by Fittske

So just ask sprint to give you a copy of the "failed test" repair order, and take that to best buy. If that dosen't work just go to another untill someone helps.
    I have the pink copy of the "failed test" repair order. The best buy tech was very unpleasant. I don't even really care if I get another treo, I just want a phone that works without having to be plugged in to talk.
    Call the "Best Buy" headquarters in Ritchfield, MN and start complaining.
    From your post under another thread:

" Although your manufacturer's warranty may still be in effect, Mobile Phone Plans are fulfilled when the product is replaced."

Where in your BB PSP contract does it state this? I see it nowhere in mine. Must have read it through ten times searching for such a statement.

I do see "This plan is fullfilled when a product is replaced after the expiration of the manufacturer's warranty", but that's old news.

Are you sure you have the BB PSP? I know there's another extended warranty that they sell that has different rules associated with it.
    Your initial post didn't mention a location, but I got mine last week from a BB in Houston last week. It was the only one in stock, though.
    What you do is ask to speak to the manager and tell him if he doesnt repalce it you wil call the insurance company that backs their plans up and tell him he will be in deep crap with his bosses if he doesn't. I am lucky I know the manager of mine so I will get a new one whenver I want.
    Last edited by blondegoalie; 02/07/2004 at 10:28 AM.
    Traded my Treo 180 in for the 600 for $0.01 at BB not too long ago, so they should still have them.
    Here in Maryland BB is still selling them. I brought mine at BB after I went to three different sprint stores to get one, and they told me BB was the only place that had any.

BTW
    You can also get the treo600 and all of the accessories for it at the Palm Cafe.

I purchased the keyboard and extra styluses there

Ronald
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Originally posted by colonelmustard
    From your post under another thread:

"Although your manufacturer's warranty may still be in effect, Mobile Phone Plans are fulfilled when the product is replaced."

Where in your BB PSP contract does it state this? I see it nowhere in mine. Must have read it through ten times searching for such a statement.

[...]

Are you sure you have the BB PSP? I know there's another extended warranty that they sell that has different rules associated with it.
    Attached is a scan of the first two columns from BB PSP "Rev 82843 09/03".

Regards,
    ERic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Amazing. Mine, Rev. 80303 06/02 does not have that line about mobile phones in it. Obviously, since I was given the older contract (in Jan. 03), I would do every thing possible to hold them to it. But it is an interesting situation. Knowing that just having the Treo replaced would fulfill the contract would be a deal breaker for me. Not sure if I should follow up on this at Best Buy. Actually, I'll definitely not follow up.
    They actually have a working demo one at the best buy in bloomington. MN
    I posted a couple of times in the "what did you do with your treo 300" thread but here goes, do some of you people have no clue how 2 deal with people?? I started with a samsung i300 on feb. 25, 2002. with a warranty (that I paid 59.00 and NOT 79.00 for) I went from the i300 2 the treo 300 2 the i330 2 the treo 600 NEVER PAID A DIME MORE!!!!! If they say they can not help you, ask for a manager, if he/she says they can not help you ask for a general manager, if they say they can not help you ask for the # of an district manager, if they say they can not help you ask for the # of an area director, etc... this ain't be complicated people, these people do NOT want their bosses dealing with problems, argue and they will solve the problem.
    Originally posted by hetyey225
    I posted a couple of times in the "what did you do with your treo 300" thread but here goes, do some of you people have no clue how 2 deal with people?? I started with a samsung i300 on feb. 25, 2002. with a warranty (that I paid 59.00 and NOT 79.00 for) I went from the i300 2 the treo 300 2 the i330 2 the treo 600 NEVER PAID A DIME MORE!!!!! If they say they can not help you, ask for a manager, if he/she says they can not help you ask for a general manager, if they say they can not help you ask for the # of an district manager, if they say they can not help you ask for the # of an area director, etc... this ain't be complicated people, these people do NOT want their bosses dealing with problems, argue and they will solve the problem.
    That's why I say don't even bother dealing with the instore weenies and just go to the corporate office.
    I had probs with my treo and just got YET another one from best buy yesterday.