1.    #1  
    Hi -

I have QuickWord Premier on my Treo 600.

It's working fine, but I can't figure out how to do something.

When I'm browsing a website on my unit and go to download a Text file, the browser asks me if I want to accept the file into memo pad - I don't want to open it in it, I want to save it to open in QuickWord. Isn't there a way to get QuickWord to be registered to be the default to handle text documents?

I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Joel
    Sorry, don't have an answer for you... but you could always just copy and paste from the memo to quickword as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but if I download a text file and then accept it into memopad and it's longer than 4K it spans multiple memos. This is a total bummer.

How can I just click on a link to download a text file and save it to my unit or SD?

Any advice is welcome.

Peace.

joel
    Well I decided to mess around with QuickOffice recently and when I installed it, a popup option came to make quickword the default html/text editor for the device. Did you click yes and allow quickword to be the default editor?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for checking this for me.

I deleted my copy and reinstalled and the first time I re-ran it, QuickWord did put up a dialog box, but it said something to the effect that BLZ5 was handling HTML pages, and did I want to have QuickWord handle incoming HTML files. There was no mention of TEXT files. I didn't tap yes to this because it sounds like the browser might not work if I do.

This is with QuickWord Premier 7.1.

I've contacted QuickWord support, but they've yet to respond.

Any other ideas?

Joel