1.    #1  
    The caller I.D. does show a name and #. The capability of adding a picture is nice, but a more important piece of information for me is the name of the company. I would really like to see the name of the company to show up along with the name of the person and their #. A business name would give me a quick reminder of why I called that person in the first place if they are returning my call. Many of you that have TONS of business contacts would probably agree. At least those who have short term memory loss like myself.
    Thanks!
    I don't think you can do that. I did look around a few weeks ago to see if it was possible. But what about saving a copy of their company logo as a .jpg and then assign it to their number? Can the .jpg's be saved to the card then assigned to the number? I have not tried this. Just a quick brainstorm. Going to play around...

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Clever idea, but will only work for your "favorites."

Best thing I can think of is to put the company name in parens after the last name in your directory, but that's definitely a kludge.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    Clever idea, but will only work for your "favorites."
    Yep...just realized that shortfall. Going to see if there is a third-party app that will allow this...

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

...nope. No luck. Thought I was into something here.

cash70

There are multiple developers working on applications that intercept the phone number and do something based on the phone number. (Call Filter to name one application).
    Perhaps one of these developers can figure out how to display the company name. Or perhaps when the name is displayed, append the company name to it, if it is not possible to display the Company name seperately?

If there is the ability to intercept the phone number before it displays on the screen, maybe something like this would be possible.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post