1.    #1  
    Am I missing any? I have a Sprint Treo. These are some battery saving settings I have:
    [list=1][*]beam receive shut off[*]BCPE syncing disabled[*]Treo Helper installed with settings to shut off phone and net when no coverage is available[*]Quiet AIM selected in chatter[/list=1]

Any other easy/obvious things to save battery life?
    Adjusting the brightness is a big factor too.
    I don't go looking for trouble. It comes looking for me.
    So let's see...if one reduces the brightness of the screen - a big selling point for the TREO 600 - down to the level of other pda/phones one can extend the battery life to be roughly equivalent to what those other pda/phones get.

Hmmm....
    I think she was looking for Ways to save on battery life. If I am wrong please feel free to say.
    I don't go looking for trouble. It comes looking for me.
    What is BCPE syncing and how do you disable it?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  6.    #6  
    Business Connection Personal Edition

Under Settings/Sync Prefs, I unchecked "Push messages to my device", checked "Enabled Scheduled sync" and chose "Never" under "Use custom sync settings".

I have read (and experienced) that the constant syncing of your mailbox can eat up the battery so now I just do a manual sync.
    Under "Date/Time" preferences don't set the preference to sync w/ the network. I swtiched to manual and now I've noticed a very significant increase in battery power.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    So let's see...if one reduces the brightness of the screen - a big selling point for the TREO 600 - down to the level of other pda/phones one can extend the battery life to be roughly equivalent to what those other pda/phones get.

Hmmm....
    his sarcastic remark for the day... now,, moving on....
    Is there a way where the brightness setting can be assigned to a button so when you want the screen to brigthen up it would a lot easier? The screen brightness set to the lowest allowed my Treo to remain without charge for 48 hours whereas before it couldn't last 12 hours.
    mLights is a good app for that then. http://www.Motionapps.com
    I aslo find these two to be useful when it comes to saving battery life:

Phone Guard (with its ability to auto shut-off the screen during a call)
    Radio Control (with its ability to schedule an ON and OFF time for Wireless Mode)
    Not sure about this and I am still monitoring it closely - if you are playing Ptunes and pressed the center Navigation button, this puts the music on Pause. I suspect that when this is the case the Ptunes app is still live and probably drawing power? I have since made sure that I press the Stop button to terminate the music and Ptunes. Am I right?
    Ed