1.    #1  
    Hi All

There are lots of posts on this forums regarding unlocking the Treo from Orange. I think I have read most of them. The most credible appears to be :

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by mrfred8
    "Everyone also know that only they are providing unlock code for treo 600"

No thats false there are alot of places now selling the FREE UNLOCK that was developed by the efforts of this forum. And most places are selling it for alot less then $149. Of Course FREE is better, and you can get the unlock for FREE.

http://www.techwarelabs.com/communi...opic.php?t=7542

I carried this out as per the detailed discussion. No errors and does reset at the end of the firmware update. But when I insert a different SIM card it comes up with a warning to check SIM card as it may be damaged. It still when switching wirelsss mode on - comes up with the Orange flask screen.

Does anyone have any experience of this procedure actually working? Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks, and apologies for the repost.
    Your SIM card is probably too old. Either get a new SIM card from your operator or try another SIM card from a friend or colleague.

There are a few hundred people on this forum that have succesfully applied the free unlock patch so there's no reason why it shouldn't work for you.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you very much. You are absolutely correct. It was an old SIM card. It now works perfectly.

Thanks again.