1.    #1  
    Hey kids!

Just downloaded the mSafe app for the Treo 600. I've been waiting for a while. Not sure when it was released but I check every few days. Check it out at www.motionapps.com. They have a trial version. I am checking it out now.
    Released 4 February, I think.

I am also giving it a trial.

However the sms locking only works for me when the PDA is on.

I have emailed the support line and they are working on a fix for Orange customers

There is another thread elsewhere, search for MSafe.

But we ought to switch to this one as it's got the right name

Chas.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I used V1 on my GSM 270 and it was a little quirky.

Happy to report that V2 for the 600 works as advertised on my GSM 600:

Sent SMS message from the web to lock the phone - phone locks. Great when you lose/have your phone stolen.

Turned off wireless mode - phone locks (only if this option is enabled)

Pulled out SIM card with wireless mode on - phone locks.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by ChasT

However the sms locking only works for me when the PDA is on.

I have emailed the support line and they are working on a fix for Orange customers

Chas.
    Strange. I tried my Orange SIM and it worked like a charm (whether my PDA is on or off)... mind you, I am with Orange Switzerland...
    www.gsmworld.com
    There's another thread about it that's been going on for a few days... apparently quite a few people have had some problems....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t47595/s.html
    Originally posted by jennyfur
    There's another thread about it that's been going on for a few days... apparently quite a few people have had some problems....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t47595/s.html
    I didn't realize that was an mSafe thread. I thought the subject title "It's alive..." referred to SMS.
    Yep, as one person in that thread said, the original poster should have picked a better name for the thread! Too many people probably missed it.
    For me, mSafe is kinda buggy. I've had a few white screens caused by getting even normal messages with mSafe turned on, so I now deleted it and it works fine.
    ... and it did absolutely nothing at all. No lock, no response to sms, nothing. Weird. Maybe I'll have another go at it.
    Finally tried it out. It's pretty cool that I can text message my phone to lock it out.

Gotta question though. What happens if one does a hard reset and a back-up restore using BackupMan/Buddy? Does the phone go to the password screen after the restore?
    Originally posted by jhoff80
    For me, mSafe is kinda buggy. I've had a few white screens caused by getting even normal messages with mSafe turned on, so I now deleted it and it works fine.
    White screen of death happens randomly on mine too.