1.    #1  
    When I slide the Balance slider in Pocket Tunes v.2.2 to the right, I get no sound. This happens with no stereo adapter (from the T6 internal speaker), with a Radio Shack 2.5mm plug to 3.5mm jack and with the Handspring 2.5mm plug to 3.5mm jack.

The MP3s play fine on my computer, but only one channel seems to playing on the T6. I have made sure the adapter is properly seated at the T6 end.

Anyone having that problem?
    If you're listening to stereo music on only one speaker, it will only play one channel. I'm not sure if PTunes has a 'mono' option or not, but that would solve your problem. It wasn't clear if you're using headphones or not, but if you are, and they are stereo headphones with the appropriate stereo jack, it should work fine.
  3.    #3  
    I just tried stereo headphones and it appears to be working fine. I think my cable to the speakers (not headphones) is fubar.

Thanks.
    Try searching the board; this has been covered before. You can't just connect the Treo 1/8" out to a stereo because it the impedance is too high and it "thinks" you're using a headset (so one channel becomes the mic channel). There is a work around, but it involvs building an adapter with a resistor in parallel to trick the ouput circuitry (if I recall correctly). Do a search.

Regards,
    --Mathew
    Originally posted by gkitchen
    When I slide the Balance slider in Pocket Tunes v.2.2 to the right, I get no sound. This happens with no stereo adapter (from the T6 internal speaker), with a Radio Shack 2.5mm plug to 3.5mm jack and with the Handspring 2.5mm plug to 3.5mm jack.

The MP3s play fine on my computer, but only one channel seems to playing on the T6. I have made sure the adapter is properly seated at the T6 end.

Anyone having that problem?
    I just tried it, and saw the same behavior. I would bet that only one channel plays on the Treo because it only has one speaker. When I plug in my Handspring adapter and my Sony headphones, the balance slider works fine.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by mathewlu
    Try searching the board; this has been covered before. You can't just connect the Treo 1/8" out to a stereo because it the impedance is too high and it "thinks" you're using a headset (so one channel becomes the mic channel). There is a work around, but it involvs building an adapter with a resistor in parallel to trick the ouput circuitry (if I recall correctly). Do a search.

Regards,
    --Mathew
    Or I could have just made sure my cable was good - probably a lot easier than building an adapter.
    Yeah, check the cable first, see if a better one will work, if not, it's because the cable is not drawing enough power from the miniplug to make the treo think it's a stereo set and not a mic and mono speaker. Then you'll have to search the forum and create the adapter.
    Hi folks,

Still, I think this is a question for PTunes. PTunes does allow you to listen to audio through the built-in T600 speaker, but it only appears to play one channel (left). Push the slider to the right and you get nothing.

I understand you can't get stereo out of one speaker, but I would much prefer to get a mono mix of the two channels instead of getting only half of what was recorded.

Can anyone verify that PTunes is either:

a) only playing the left channel of a stereo audio file through the T600 built-in speaker

-or-

b) mixing both left and right to the left channel only when using the built-in T600 speaker?

In short, I want to verify whether or not I am missing part of the stereo recording when listening through the built-in speaker.

thanks anyone!
    rjb
    rjbeep, did you ever get an answer on this because I was wondering the same thing about PTunes.