Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The daily drain on my battery is about 20 percentage points more than it was before the Sprint Update. I use the phone lightly, the web heavily and received about 15 alerts/day . Before the update, I would end the day with about 60% remaining of the battery. Now, I end up with about 40%

Anyone else experience this?
    Tks
    Ditto, I have noticed a larger drain on battery life since the update as well.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Strange, my battery life doesn't seem any different than before. There's no way a firmware update to fix some bugs would chew up that much extra battery juice. Maybe you're just taking advange of SMS now that you have the update...?
    Mine actually seems a little better (but maybe I'm not using it as much since the novelty is wearing off)
    I thought that the upgrade was killing my battery also. Turns out it was version 10 of Phoneguard that I had loaded around the same time that I did the upgrade. . Geekware had a major bug that was draining battery power big time. He fixed it quick with a subsequent version and now my battery drain is back to normal. Strange, but it even seems better than before.
    Make sure you go into prefs and turn beam receive OFF. The update sets it to On as a default, which definitely increases battery drain.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    Make sure you go into prefs and turn beam receive OFF. The update sets it to On as a default, which definitely increases battery drain.
    Great suggestion. Thanks.
  8.    #8  
    My Beam Receive is off and as I stated at the top of this thread, my use of the Treo before & after the update is the same, yet the battery is obviously working harder.
    Tks
    2.09 GSM definitely made my connection better -- I couldn't get a signal in several places, including my office, and immediately did after the upgrade. My power consumption went up, too, with similar numbers reported above; prior to the FW, I never used more than 50% in a day, now frequently do.
    Call me a pesimist but I think that Sprint releases these "updates" that purposefully ruin something on th phone so that people are "inclined" to get the newer, better, shinier, usually more expensive model. My Treo 300 battery life was horribly reduced after I installed the "fix" for that. But then again I don't know what a Treo 600 is like before the update cuz as soon as I got it, I downloded the udate. Oh wellat least I got a brand new Treo 600 for free after harrasing Sprint for three months!
    Originally posted by treoneo
    Call me a pesimist but I think that Sprint releases these "updates" that purposefully ruin something on th phone so that people are "inclined" to get the newer, better, shinier, usually more expensive model.
    Nice thought, but most people who have updated don't seem to have any battery issues. I'd look for some other software that could be affecting it.
    Bob Meyer
    Upgrade could decrease your battery capcity. My battery was only 50 percent when I downloaded the update. I read the instructions and it said to charge it 100 percent so I plugged it in and started the charging. When my Treo got to 90 percent I got tired of waiting. Normally my Treo takes about 45 minutes to charge from 90 percent to 100 percent. Strangely enough when I completed my upgrade my Treo reported 100 percent charge. Since then I have realized that I have lost about 10 percent of my capcity.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    my 2c: the day immediately following the upgrade, i noticed major battery drain, which freaked me out a bit. but then it seemed to return to normal...

anyone continuing to experience major drain several days after the upgrade?
    I read somewhere that when the treo searches for the cdma signal for extended periods of time it gradually intensifies its search mode which in turn increases battery drain.
    the upgrade may have reset the search mode to start searching for the signal from a higher level, which would cause greater battery drain. is this what is happening?
  15.    #15  
    I haven't experienced an extended search for a signal and my phone use is the same as it is before. As I said when I began this thread, I use to end the day with about 60% of my battery left and now I end the day with 40%.

This is not a crisis for me but I thought I would try to determine if anyone else had the same experience.

Tks
    Those of you having battery problems since the ROM update: Did you make sure your battery was 100% charged prior to running the upgrade?

I read a post a couple of days ago, which I can't find now, that indicated that the upgrade may have reset the full battery level. In other words, if you're battery was only 80% charged when you ran the upgrade, your Treo may now think that 80% level is now fully charged.

Can some of you with the problem
    check the voltage level of your battery when fully charge (green LED on solid while connected to the charging cable)? The program Palm Commander (you can download a trial from free from Handango or PalmGear) will show this under the tools \ system info menu item.

I think my battery was at about 99% when I ran the update, and it now reads 4.14 volts when the green led indicates full charge. What does yours read?
    Bob Meyer
    I ran the update with a 50% battery. Haven't notice a big change but would like to recharge and then run the update. How would I do that?
    A few days after installing the update (with battery at 100%), the icon for my battery started displaying a red "X" across it. Now the meter constantly says 0% even when the battery has a charge. This is a serious problem. Anyone else have the red "X" on their battery icon? Know what it means?
  19.    #19  
    Attn: meyerweb,

Which version of Palm Commander displays the voltage? There are 4 different versions and I can't tell from the descriptions which one will do the trick.

Tks
    I think this whole thing is totally subjective. I personally have not noticed any difference in battery longevity after the update...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast