Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    just got my replacement and now also AT&T's phone's come with the PalmOne logo....
    (sorry for the blurry image....)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .MrByte

-----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
    MrByte, what was wrong with your T600 from AT&T, and did you call customer care?

Was there any problem with replaceing it?
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    ...a,
    Last edited by Rusty J; 02/09/2004 at 12:06 PM.
    Originally posted by chriskurn
    MrByte, what was wrong with your T600 from AT&T, and did you call customer care?

Was there any problem with replaceing it?
    ... had the problem with the buzzing noise that was heard by the other party on a call.
    ... and yes, called HS and after doing a battery reset test and the problem persisted, they sent me a replacement.
    .MrByte

-----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    from Treo 600. Truncated on first attempt, and again but worse on edit. (sigh)
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Received a HS-logo 600 last Thursday, after being told by ATT that they were backordered until the 23rd. Someone's cancelled order, perhaps?
    Rusty J
    There is a change on the treo name on the thumb pad, its now
    Treo
    this is in Palmone colors, in silver on device, and the "T" is no longer lower case.
    This was first shown in the software update install program.
    I attached a image of what I remember it looking like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    I just ordered a Sprint Treo 600 last night, to replace my T-Mobile Treo 270. I'm curious to see whether it's branded Handspring or palmOne. Will let you know.
    one other minute change in noticed in the logo, the kerning is different. (space between letters)

compare to old one with lower case t,
    http://www.handspring.com/products/c...ew_pp03_lg.jpg

letters are packed together, r overhangs the e

oh well, all the cool kids have Mr. Flip
    Originally posted by EdwardsJ3
    I just ordered a Sprint Treo 600 last night, to replace my T-Mobile Treo 270. I'm curious to see whether it's branded Handspring or palmOne. Will let you know.
    Just received my new Sprint Treo 600 from Amazon yesterday - it's the earlier Handspring unit.
    Just bought two from Sprint Store by me; both are 'palmOne' phones, and both came with Motorola chargers?!?! Have they always come with Motorola chargers?
    Thanks, Adam.
    Originally posted by shreksbrother
    Just bought two from Sprint Store by me; both are 'palmOne' phones, and both came with Motorola chargers?!?! Have they always come with Motorola chargers?
    Thanks, Adam.
    A bit ironic no? - I have a fairly early release 600 and it has a Motorola charger. Handspring probably OEMed them from Motorola prior to the PalmOne deal - no doubt as time goes on we'll probably see PalmOne branded accessories just like the phone itself.

DemonJ
    Just got my third Treo- hope this ones the charm. This time it came directly from T-Mobile (my first two came from Handspring - the Cingular unlocked version) and it still has the Handspring logo and the start-up screen is also Handspring, which is my preference. Pretty sure it is unlocked too, which is a relief. Best of all, it seems to work- no loud buzzing to my callers, no screeching when I receiceve calls, etc. Keep your fingers crossed!
    Originally posted by demonj

A bit ironic no? - I have a fairly early release 600 and it has a Motorola charger. Handspring probably OEMed them from Motorola prior to the PalmOne deal - no doubt as time goes on we'll probably see PalmOne branded accessories just like the phone itself.

DemonJ
    I have a sprint t600 and it has a motorola charger
    I wonder if this is what is causing the shipment delay's? I ordered mine from the Handspring site on 1/27/04 and it not going to ship until the week of 2/23/04. It hard waiting so long.
    Just purchased a Sprint Treo from CompUSA today for my wife. It is one of the new palmOne branded devices.

A quick review of case branding differences:
    Front:
    1) palmOne replaces Flip in the upper left corner, Sprint logo has been moved down to align with palmOne logo.
    2) treo is now written with an uppercase T in a different font--and white instead of silver.
    Back:
    1) Handspring logo is gone. There is no palmOne replacement. The phone still has the same palm powered logo at the bottom.

Here are photos of both phones showing the differences side by side.

http://www.daze.net/treo600/treofront.jpg

http://www.daze.net/treo600/treoback.jpg
    Last edited by SoCalVisor; 02/17/2004 at 07:01 PM.
    bump (because my prior message edit didn't do it)
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    SoCalVisor,

Do you notice any differences in performance?
    [QUOTEDo you notice any differences in performance? [/QUOTE]

In the relatively lite testing I've done, everything appears the same. Software and hardware rev are the same as mine:

Software Rev: Treo600-1.10-SPR
    Hardware Rev: C

Good to see the Sprint update was already installed.

The new one has a "warranty date" of 01-30-2004. Mine is 11-07-2003.

All the stuff in the box and the box itself are still Handspring branded.

The phone actually just came alive today since she was moving her number from Cingular to Sprint. Now I've got to get her set up and teach her how to use this thing.
    Has anyone noticed a difference in the screen from the old and new one. My new ones screen looks a little cloudy, a little darker.. I don't think the colors are as good.

Am I alone? Could it be defective?

Thanks

Josh
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast