1.    #1  
    OK, I got Lightwav (and am overall very impressed). Just to test it out, I applied an MP3 file of one of my favorite oldies - Bad To The Bone. I decided that actually would be a very good "ring tone", with a little work. So, I shortened the intro so it would begin the meat of the song quicker, and did a couple of repeats, restarting a couple of small sections. Ended up with what I think is a great 30 second ring tone.

Then, I ran into a problem. I really would rather have this as an interal file on the Treo instead of being stored as an MP3 on the memory card. But, the conversion program that I got with the beta version of Lightwav isn't working on my computer (It says it converted the file, but it's not there). I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but feeling that way doesn't solve my problem.

-----
    OK, after reading the instructions, and putting the par.exe file on the root of c:\ as instructed, it worked. If anyone is interested in the ring tone, I'll be more than happy to send it.

You can email me at hparsons@parsonsys.com
    Last edited by hparsons; 02/05/2004 at 02:17 PM.
    Get RamDisk!!!
    http://www.handwatch.com

It allows you to convert some of your internal memory into a "Memory Card". I have dedicated 4mb of memory for this. What I can do is store MP3 ringers. (Wich are MUTCH smaller than the WAV ones.) AND it is not a touchey as a real memory card. (IE Does not auto unmount as often) And it works a whole lot better then the converter with the beta.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Originally posted by hparsons
    OK, I got Lightwav (and am overall very impressed). Just to test it out, I applied an MP3 file of one of my favorite oldies - Bad To The Bone. I decided that actually would be a very good "ring tone", with a little work. So, I shortened the intro so it would begin the meat of the song quicker, and did a couple of repeats, restarting a couple of small sections. Ended up with what I think is a great 30 second ring tone.

Then, I ran into a problem. I really would rather have this as an interal file on the Treo instead of being stored as an MP3 on the memory card. But, the conversion program that I got with the beta version of Lightwav isn't working on my computer (It says it converted the file, but it's not there). I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but feeling that way doesn't solve my problem.

-----
    OK, after reading the instructions, and putting the par.exe file on the root of c:\ as instructed, it worked. If anyone is interested in the ring tone, I'll be more than happy to send it.

You can email me at hparsons@parsonsys.com
    I'm a little confused by your post. The lightwav documentation describes the ability to convert WAV files, not MP3's, for use in internal RAM. Please clarify what file format your ringtone is.

Did you first convert your MP3 to WAV format with some other tool?
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by aolumide

I'm a little confused by your post. The lightwav documentation describes the ability to convert WAV files, not MP3's, for use in internal RAM. Please clarify what file format your ringtone is.

Did you first convert your MP3 to WAV format with some other tool?
    I was converting WAV files. I mentioned MP3's as well, but I have Cool Edit, which allows me to edit sound files, and save in different formats.

Turns out the problem I was posting about was because I had not updated by PTunes program. The author of Lightwav has worked on some other bugs uncovered since then, even though I have to admit, most of my problems were due to not paying close enough attention when I read the manual.