1.    #1  
    Just got today a replacement for my treo which broke. New one says palmone above screen instead of handspring logo.

I thought some might find this interesting.
    NOOOOOO!!!

Oh well...it's all over but the crying. THANKS
    really?? lol this will sound strange, but can you post pics? thanks!
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Who cares about the logo Gee..

What's the firmware? lol
    yes...pics...please pose pics.

mykul
  6.    #6  
    Sorry about the bad picture, I used my old treo. You can kind of see it.
  7.    #7  
    try again
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #8  
    try again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thats an ugly logo...they shouldve kept flip...oh well...are there any sort of hardware upgrades, better camera, etc.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Which Revision is it?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Hey.....

the Sprint Logo is lower on the phone as well!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Originally posted by mrtruman
    Just got today a replacement for my treo which broke. New one says palmone above screen instead of handspring logo.

I thought some might find this interesting.
    Not mine!

Just got my new Treo 600 from SPCS today (took 4 days, but I still got it) after a "swim" in a ... ummmm ... sudsy beverage on Sunday ... I think during one particular "exposed" moment during half time.

For you fellow HS old timers -- still has the HS logo, Hardware C and had the update on the phone.

Just slipped in my SD card, hit restore from Backup Buddy and was good to go!

Hot Synced my new stuff in and we were up and running within 5 minutes, including the time I had to devote to SPCS on the phone to activate.

I love technology.

BTW -- If you haven't already done so -- GET BACKUP BUDDY or some other back up program ... it has saved me some real heartache.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    There is a better pic in this thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t47826/s.html
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Originally posted by mrtruman
    try again
    Will you please dial ##786 and provide the firmware info?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    So what is the rev on the replacement w/ palmone logo? Is it still C?
    Just got my replacement phone today too. Has the PalmOne logo on the top, and no Handspring logo on the back. My first two 600's also had foam behind the little speaker phone vents. The Palmone branded 600 has no foam.

The new phone is Hardware Rec: C, Software: Treo600-1.10-SPR

The color of the screen on the new phone is slightly warmer too. the old phone was a little cooler looking. The camera seems to work the same.

Whatever, I miss Flip as well.
    Just got new phone from BB. Still has handspring logo, is rev c warranty date is Jan 17th 04. Camera is 1000 times better than piece of crap that I just returned. Other than that, lets hope third time is the charm!
    *sniff* Oh well...I had fond memories of Handspring....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by Movemint
    Just got my replacement phone today too. Has the PalmOne logo on the top, and no Handspring logo on the back. My first two 600's also had foam behind the little speaker phone vents. The Palmone branded 600 has no foam.

The new phone is Hardware Rec: C, Software: Treo600-1.10-SPR

The color of the screen on the new phone is slightly warmer too. the old phone was a little cooler looking. The camera seems to work the same.

Whatever, I miss Flip as well.

I got my new phone today as well and I think the color on the new one is not as bright. On my old one the screen is very white, on this one it looks cloudy.

Thinking of sending it back and asking for a new one.

I've put them side by side and asked 5 people and they all think the old one looks better so at least I'm not crazy..

Josh
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Sad about the loss of the handspring logo but great to hear that the camera is better on the new revision.