Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow! Thanks! There was a ton of debris in there and a folded dollar did the trick. I had lost hope for a normal functioning screen. I will pocket my Treo the next time I do carpentry or yard work instead of keeping it on my belt, exposed.
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
    Long time since I've posted, but wanted to say thanks for this thread, b/c my touchscreen suffered the same fate (occassionally locking up and then ceasing to function altogether), and the sheet of paper did the trick. Brought me back to Treocentral where I knew I'd find the answer. Thanks guys.
    My touchscreen died on me today, 2 days after I did the fix for the loud buzzing sound. I didn't know what to do... So what does someone who doesn't know what to do, do? Well, I shook it hard, then I banged it on my palm a couple of times... It works now If it does happen again though, I'll do the cleanup trick instead hehe!
    Hahaha THANK YOU for this post.

My 600's screen got stuck in the 'calibration' loop as well, and I ran to the forum hoping to find an inexpensive solution. I've had my Treo 600 since the first week, and I wanted my 600 to stay working and hold out on the 700w as a replacement. I thought I might have to give in and get a 650 or something until I found this post.

THANK YOU!!
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12