1.    #1  
    Features-smeatures! It's $300 more and won't even work on the Sprint network! And that's official cause I had the Sony tech folks tell me that themselves.

End of story.

Treo 600, flaws and all, is still the bomb.

G'night.
    No offense, but some of us couldn't care less about working on Sprint. If the Treo 600 was only for Sprint, I wouldn't buy it either!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    The P900 doesn't compare to the Treo.

First of all, it runs on Symbian, which doesn't have nearly the software support or the maturity of PalmOS. It also doesn't sync well with anything (Windows, MacOS, or Linux).

It is an interesting proof of concept, but I ain't buying it.
    I do love my Treo, but have you tried it? The P900 synchs better with my Mac than the Treo does. Contacts and calendar go great through iSync and I can send and receive files directly from it via bluetooth.

The Treo is the best choice for many, but for some other choices may be better.

Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane
    The P900 doesn't compare to the Treo.

First of all, it runs on Symbian, which doesn't have nearly the software support or the maturity of PalmOS. It also doesn't sync well with anything (Windows, MacOS, or Linux).

It is an interesting proof of concept, but I ain't buying it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    how is this a comparison? I don't see a keyboard?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I don't have the P900, but I had a P800. Actually, I still have it, its on my eBay to-do list. Anyway, its a nice phone, but not great. I wasn't very impressed with its antenna or OS. Symbian is nice, but no where near Windows Mobile or Palm. It does have built-in bluetooth, which nothing else in the smartphone market does. The XDA II doesn't count.

The camera was nice and the integration of all of the built-in software was quite good. I agree with the person above, its horrible when syncing with Windows, horrible! The Mac is another story, works great there.

Joe
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I did not start that other thread on the P900 to say that today we should dump our Treos and go with it.

It was more of a proof of concept. Proof that so many toys it has built in are doable for 1 ounce less.

Certainly the designers at Sony Ericsson are not idiots. They see they have no keyboard (a $10 change) and no operating system. I mean symbian is that an alien infection?

But hopefully the designers at Palm are also not gonna sit on their Flintstone 160 x 160 no BT no wifi no video no camera worth anything no recorder act and milk it for all its got much longer.

I mean if you put a keyboard and OS6 in the P900 I'd drop the Treo faster tha you can say yes hi res yes BT yes wifi yes video yes voice, wouldn't you?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    When sony figures out that keyboards are good, maybe we can talk. I think sony is afraid to cannibalize their Clie sales.