1.    #1  
    When ever I get a message from someone sending a text message from their phone to just my phone number I get a message that says New Short Mail. Select "Go" to read it http://smwl.uc.sprintpcs.com/sml/wap.do?alert=true. If the message is sent to myphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com then I will get the correct message they sent and I can read it just fine. This is without Treo300SMS installed. Once I install Treo300SMS any message that is sent to just my phone number I never see. If it is sent to myphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com then I see those just fine just like before.

Has anyone seen this on their phone?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Originally posted by gmac3
    When ever I get a message from someone sending a text message from their phone to just my phone number I get a message that says New Short Mail. Select "Go" to read it http://smwl.uc.sprintpcs.com/sml/wap.do?alert=true. If the message is sent to myphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com then I will get the correct message they sent and I can read it just fine. This is without Treo300SMS installed. Once I install Treo300SMS any message that is sent to just my phone number I never see. If it is sent to myphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com then I see those just fine just like before.

Has anyone seen this on their phone?
    What's up gmac3,

The reason you cannot receive your text messages any more is because the system treo300sms used to use to retreive your messages has been changed on the sprint website. If you've noticed, when you go to the text messaging area of the sprint website you can see that the site no longer stores text mesages sent from people anymore. That is why treo300sms has nothing to retrieve because nothing is saved on the sprint text messaging area anymore. Hope this answers your question. Treo300sms would have to come up with a different software to retrieve text msgs. I personally upgraded to the treo 600 which will use a different sms sytem(MO-SMS).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks