Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Smiley,

What's up, dude/dudess?

The beta version rocks. The new additions are pretty cool. However, I've come across an error when I use Lightwav to play a wav file alert for when Snappermail automatically checks my comcast account for e-mail.

One of 4 things occur consistently, in no particular order:

1) LightWav begins to play the wav file, but the wav file is terminated before completion. SnapperMail automatically downloads my comcast mail successfully.

2) Lightwav plays the entire wav file, but then begins to loop through the wav file every 1.5 or so minutes. A soft reset is my only remedy to break the loop.

3)LightWav plays the wav file in full, and terminates successfully. SnapperMail automatically downloads my comcast mail successfully.

4)LightWav begins to play the wav file, but the wav file is terminated before completion. My treo then does a soft reset. As of 4:00 pm today (EST - 2/5/04), this has become the most common of the 4 scenarios.

Finally, as a side-note, I still cannot get a wav file to play when I receive a voicemail, in spite of following the manual directions et al. (e.g. Setting midi tones to 'Silent', and volume to '7'; Selecting a wav file and assigning it to the voicemail event in the treo menu; Unchecking the 'Always display console' checkbox)

Your comments are welcome. Thanks
    Last edited by aolumide; 02/05/2004 at 03:03 PM.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    bump
    Here's an idea. What if you convert part of the Treo's hard disk into a storage media? See more info below on RAM Disk. This should allow us to store MP3 on the Treo without using a SD card.

http://www.handwatch.com/handwatch/f...me=PalmRamDisk

What is RAM Disk? If you've used PC Desktop since the good ol' days, you would probably know what RAM Disk is. It partitions a storage block in main memory and treat it as a disk device. RAM Disk is a virtual disk that allows for temporary storage that's extremely fast. It is mainly due to the fact that there is no actual hardware I/O operation but merely memory transfer. People use RAM Disk to boost the application performance since the real hard disk is a lot slower. However, the drawback is that once the power is shut off, all the data stored in main memory is gone. Therefore, the data stored in RAM Disk is lost as well.

Using RAM Disk on Palm devices has a whole new meaning than on PC Desktops. Since the power on Palm is almost never shut off (unless the batter power is gone), you can enjoy the benefit of RAM Disk without its draw backs. Palm RAM Disk helps in the following ways:
    <bump>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I received a new version today via email. In the docs that came in the email, they say they fixed the volume control for calendar alarms, however, I have not found this to be the case. What about you guys? Are your calendar alarms playing at about half the volume of everything else or is it just me?

PS - I really like the way these guys listen to what we ask for and respond. That is rare these days.
    Originally posted by ALooneyGuy
    PS - I really like the way these guys listen to what we ask for and respond. That is rare these days.
    True!
    I can't get it to work with snappermail either. anyone here can? can you give a walk through as how to do this?
    I purchased last week and have installed the last couple of updates. Is anyone else still having reset problems? Everytime I get a calendar alarm, it does a soft reset...
  9.    #49  
    I was using hand/rss .. I turned the phone off, when it rang, I hit the button to answer, and it reset.. Irritating because...

1. I lost access to all of my mp3's, until I ejected and inserted my card.
    2. My phone didn't start ringing at all until I fixed it.
    3. I did lose that call that came in.. I called them back, just thought it was irritating..

Lightwav is an awesome app, just a little buggy still... Almost there... I'll be patient for now.. If the developer was ignoring me, then I'd ditch it by now..

For now, I'll make sure I'm not in any particular application when I turn the screen off.. I don't think Lightwav likes other programs.

cheers,

dextius
    inevitable.
    Tried this out. I like it so far.

One thing is, I'm happy just to use the internal WAV player because I guess using PTunes introduces a slight delay. The only downside being is that there is no option to make my WAV file loop with the internal wav ringer player, which would be nice.

Also, how is the pTunes volume affected by the Preferences -> General -> System and Game sound settings?

Using pTunes was much quieter than using the internal WAV player. I read the manual, is it actually telling pTunes the volume to used based on the Ringer Sound options in prefs?

Still don't want to have to use pTunes, just want the internal WAV player to loop.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I agree totally, I am using the internal wav player only (with no problems since the switch from using the ptunes mp3 player as the ringer source). I had my mp3's set up and running fine (much to the amazement of friends and colleagues), but if I had to reset the t600 and sometimes for no reason at all, the t600 would not recognize my 512 SD card.
    When that happened, of course, it did not play my ringer and I would miss that call (not worth it to hear an mp3 as my ringer, when I was missing most calls.)
    The text to speech website mentioned in other threads has provided some great wav ringers personalized for each contact.
    The only three things I could ask for from lightwav are;

1. That lightwav has an option to be able to loop the internal wavs so I could here them if I missed the first time it rang.

2. Internal ram mp3 playing capability w/o using ptunes (this causes soft resets when stringing the two apps together, and last night caused a total meltdown of my t600 requiring numerous reloads).

3. Ability to have group contact ringers (this one I hear, is almost done in the beta phase!!!)

I really admire the developer for listening to everyone and giving us the ability to show what the t600 can really do.
    Well I have my SMS volume set to 1 in prefs, and have LightWav set to always use PocketTunes and it's loud as helll when I get an SMS. I thought Lightwav used the volumn in the Prefs/Sounds for SMS, Ringers etc when using PTunes?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Finally, you can assign a ringtone to a contact category. It looks very professional. They went back to setting the volume from the phone sounds preferences. I like this better, since I use a midi sound for my sms(ding!), and voice mail alerts(the pacman arcade sound). Before, you would have to set the alert sound to off, and you couldnt use midis.
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    If y'all are enjoying Lightwav, just wait until you see the next app from ToySoft! I had a chance to take a sneak peak at BuzzOff, a slick little package that lets you block callers based on number, area code, or even Unknown. By the time it's available to the public it will offer the option of when to block callers, and even a filter allowing you to reverse filter in case you only want to allow certain callers at a certain time of day.

More developers need to buy Treos and get bitten by the Treo bug!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Alli
    If y'all are enjoying Lightwav, just wait until you see the next app from ToySoft! I had a chance to take a sneak peak at BuzzOff, a slick little package that lets you block callers based on number, area code, or even Unknown. By the time it's available to the public it will offer the option of when to block callers, and even a filter allowing you to reverse filter in case you only want to allow certain callers at a certain time of day.

More developers need to buy Treos and get bitten by the Treo bug!

There is a program called callfilter that already does these functions.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123