1.    #1  
    great zlauncher wallpaper all this company wallpaper is the best i found for the treo 600 a must check out

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=53854
    Last edited by hdahan; 02/17/2004 at 12:10 PM.
    your kidding right?
    8$ for a zlauncher wallpaper? I can't imagine why you would be pushing something like this, it serves no real functional pupose and costs more than my lunch!

The maker must really think that everyone turned stupid when they bought this phone.

*sigh* I'm in no mood to write a one page rant over this so I'll leave it to someone else who's with me on that wallpaper being a rip-off.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

3.    #3  
    you may eat $8.00 okie but my lunch cost more then $8.00
    after all i got my phone for $450.00 and happy to pay money for thing that make it look good
    maybe your cup of tea is not to customize your phone but i like it and i think there are poeple out there that may like it to you not the only person in this world so dont email me and wast my time because you are a cheap person
    Don't take too much offense to the fact that I have a strong sense of what I feel products are worth, or the fact that I have no tolerance for those that sell snake-oils.

I don't believe the listed creator is the original photographer and no respectable photographer would charge that much for a soft-copy of a photo at such low resolution. In addition there's others like this one:Homer Simpson which were made by the same "company" that I don't even think are legal!

If you want some nice wallpapers, you should visit one of several popular free-sites like http://www.deviantart.com . All you need to do is load the photo up in any decent photo editor and resize the picture to 160x160, free of charge!
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

5. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Equally offensive is that the troll is trying to pass himself off as a user as opposed to the manipulator of this image. The "best image I've found...."

Then to come back and insult a poster is beyond belief - he/she is the type of person cuts you off on the road and then gives you the finger.

I wouldn't buy anything from them if they invented a portable bread slicer for the treo.......
    Cheers

Charles
    Originally posted by ceb
    they invented a portable bread slicer for the treo.
    Link plz.
    Poster is "hdahan"
    Seller is "hdcomputers"

Downloaded the ZIP file... 100 KB a background

... 'nuff said

If anyone wants a zlauncher background of anything, let me know I'll do it for free

If anyone wants to create them themselves, just open up any decent image editor, open up your favorite image file, and resize it to 160x160, then save as a JPG and copy over to your SD card.

Then go into zLauncher properties and select it...

The whole procedure takes 1 minute at most, and is legal. Distributing copyrighted images for resale is quite illegal.

And finally, a good tip for backgrounds, in your image editor, (if you know how), set the opacity level to 20% or so (or Transparency level to 80%).. This fades out the image and looks good in the Treo, as any text or icons over them are very legible.

Attached is my current background which I think looks great and classy on the Treo (and impresses people)

Enjoy!

Alex
    Attached Images Attached Images
    is there a launcher that displays the radio signal indication? i tried the zlauncher but can't figure how to display it.

also, is there a utility that enables using a jpeg or any picture as a wallpaper in the treo 600 default launcher?
    The background images to ZLauncher, are indeed quite simple. Unless there's an entire theme (buttons and gadgets) to go with it, it's not worth paying for one.

Here's the one I made from a photo I took that I use in both ZLauncher and Agendus.
    It'd be nice if the photo would attach, wouldn't it....

[IMG]Southern winter[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What was even more funny is that anyone would even consider charging $8 for a wallpaper when ZLauncher itself is only $12.

Notice that hdahan's link on palmgear from the first post doesn't work anymore? Hahaha!
    Originally posted by jennyfur

Notice that hdahan's link on palmgear from the first post doesn't work anymore? Hahaha!
    Actually it's back up, now only $2.00. Still a rip off.
    Originally posted by dgoodisi

Actually it's back up, now only $2.00. Still a rip off.
    I don't understand why they charge for it but then they also have a preview of the actual background. I would think that if anybody wanted it they could just gank the preview.
    Originally posted by Tekara
    Don't take too much offense to the fact that I have a strong sense of what I feel products are worth, or the fact that I have no tolerance for those that sell snake-oils.

I don't believe the listed creator is the original photographer and no respectable photographer would charge that much for a soft-copy of a photo at such low resolution. In addition there's others like this one:Homer Simpson which were made by the same "company" that I don't even think are legal!

If you want some nice wallpapers, you should visit one of several popular free-sites like http://www.deviantart.com . All you need to do is load the photo up in any decent photo editor and resize the picture to 160x160, free of charge!
    Great site !
    Originally posted by neotope

I don't understand why they charge for it but then they also have a preview of the actual background. I would think that if anybody wanted it they could just gank the preview.
    You know, that's funny 'cause I was thinking and trying the same thing: the pictures are right there, in 160x160 size right in the middle of the page. One right click, a quick save and you have a free wallpaper... as it should be
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    Just saved it on my computer for FREE! Thanks, come to my house for the $8!

Originally posted by hdahan
    great zlauncher wallpaper all this company wallpaper is the best i found for the treo 600 a must check out

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=53854