Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Covertec??
    Is this any good. Are there any other? Which is the best?

Thanks
    Mike
    If price is no object, I'd have to say the Vaja cases are some of the best on the market. I received my iVolution case yesterday and it is extremely well made and a beauty to boot.

http://www.vajacases.com/home_en.html for more info.
    -former
    There's no such thing as "best." It all depends on what you need the case to do, and what style of case do you want.

Search on words like case, holster, slipcase, etc., and you'll find literally hundreds of posts about different cases. That should help you make up your mind.

Even when it comes to Covertec, I'd have to ask: Which one?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    does the vaja case have a clear plastic cover for the screen?

regards,
    dolo
    .:Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around:.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys..
    The Vajas are great but they don't seem to cover the screen.
    I was looking at the covertec with the steel mesh near the earpiece. Its listed under the accessories section of this site.

Does anyone know of a site that specializes in accessories?

Thanks
    Mike
    I just got my piel frama case on monday, and I love it! I used the handspring vertical, on the belt, plastic covering the keyboard and screen model, but the piel frama is a much nicer case. It feels like it provides much better protection as well. check it out:

www.pielframa.com
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Those steel/metal mesh covers for the speakers are usually a bad idea. I've gotten them on previous cases from Vaja and others. They can muffle the sound of the speaker. Its not really huge, but its enough that you can't hear a person speaking in the loud room. As soon as you take it out of the case, you can hear them. I don't have a Treo yet, so I don't know how loud the speaker is. I know on a T68i and SX56 it wasn't good.

Joe
    I upgraded from the 300 to the 600. The belt clip I had for the 300 was the plastic sleeve type. It stayed very snug to the body.

For the 600, I got the http://handspring.speedera.net/www.h...it_600_sml.gif case and CRIPES it felt like it was sticking out VERY far and it does. I'm currently keeping my eye out for someting more snug, but don't like the http://handspring.speedera.net/www.h...de_600_sml.gif side case.

There was a thread that lists sites with 600 cases but I can't find it. Maybe you'll have better luck.
    Originally posted by former
    If price is no object, I'd have to say the Vaja cases are some of the best on the market. I received my iVolution case yesterday and it is extremely well made and a beauty to boot.

http://www.vajacases.com/home_en.html for more info.
    does the i-volution have plastic over the keys or screen? i personally hate that... can you pull it out of the case easily?
    TreoZilla,

I just saw this in another thread and people say it's easily modded with needle nose pliers to take the 600. I'm gonna go check one out.

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.js...5&catoid=-9923
    oh damn this is sort of what i've been looking for all along - a holster type... how would it be modded? looks kind of skinny in the "clamp" area to fit a t6. let me know what you find out.
    The origianl poster was Flipp in the following thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ght=cases.html
    said:
    The holster is esentially made of "centra" a dense plastic that then has leather stiched over it. All I did was take a pair of needle nose plyers and make some adjutments to the "bends" so that it had more of a form fit for the treo...only tool a few minutes.
    that's damn cool... only problem is i think the hyperlink you provided above (to circuit city) is for the one they are talking about in the discussion that DOES NOT fit. i can't find the other one????

BLK F8V6142BKHGLD
    This seems to be the correct part number:
    F8V6142-BKH-GLD
    www.pielframa.com
    Unbeatable if you have the cash! it is 60 euros!
    Some cases have the most unbelievably large belt clip.
    Krussel form case is also good with the slim bellt clip
    happy shopping
    I've reviewed several cases in the Accessories forum.

In my opinion, the Nut-Shell is the best.
    I have been reading these forums for about a week now and I haven't seen anyone report how functional the cases are that cover the screen. How does having plastic over the screen work with the stylus/finger input?
    TREO 600 Sprint
  18. BGS
    I have the stock Treo full case with the plastic cover over the keys and it works just great...
    The plastic is very soft and responds to all of the touching for the keyboard and buttons..
    Go on e-bay and you could pick one up for around 13-16 dollars..
    It is a good cover and case...
    Only problem is that you must remove it if you use the cradle...

Bruce
    Bruce,
    Treo 600 & 650 / Cingular
    Originally posted by OCdune
    I have been reading these forums for about a week now and I haven't seen anyone report how functional the cases are that cover the screen. How does having plastic over the screen work with the stylus/finger input?
    It's not too bad. The toughest part is using the stylus. Especially near the top of the screen. Sometimes it feels like you're going to poke a hole in the plastic covering if you press too hard.

I've tried several cases with the plastic coverings. For me I can't deal with it. I use the stylus quite often and just find it too much of a hastle.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Vaja makes cases that have a flip cover too. It's called the Classic.

Classic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast