1.    #1  
    I too expierenced this on a Rev C unit as I stated before. I had a Tech take the unit apart and found a "screw loose" (the rattling sound reported on Sprints' web site) since then everything has worked fine until last night when the handset started a soft re set
    in an almost endless loop for about 2 hours!!!

Now my question to ALL of you is this problem only happening on the Sprint Network????

Could this possibly be Sprint doing something to their network??
    It's interesting to me that you said it was a loose screw. I have had this problem for a long while now. I have dreaded taking the phone in to a Sprint store. At this point I know I will have to eventually. However, I have had success temporarily stopping the network search by shaking the Treo fairly hard. I know this sounds completely stupid but it is true and it's the reason why I haven't went into the store before now. I first discovered this when I became frustrated by the network search being stuck in a continual loop. I first tried everything else (soft resets, hard resets). Eventually I resorted to bumping it against my leg firmly a few times. It worked!!! At least temporarily.

Are there other people out there that still have the network search issue and haven't had thiers replaced yet? I would love to do a test to see who has success with a hard shake to alleviate the network search at least for a short period. Usually this will fix my treo long enough to place a few calls (sometimes longer).

The purpose would be to narrow down the possible causes. If there was a physical problem it would explain why the problem increases over time. So far none of the theories I have heard have made any sense to me. A perfect example is that it seems connected to a battery charging issue, but I haven't had any battery issues at all.

Anyway, if there are others out please try and post the results. Remember you must shake fairly hard. I tend to shake mine up and down. If this works for others can anyone explain why this would be effective?
    I put mine in the microwave oven on high for 3 minutes and not only did the network search go away, but now the phone can access both Mars rovers and drive them all over the place.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    This would explain the recent problems with the spirit rover. You should not be driving those rovers unless you know what you are doing!!!

Originally posted by IHATECOMPUTERS
    I put mine in the microwave oven on high for 3 minutes and not only did the network search go away, but now the phone can access both Mars rovers and drive them all over the place.
    heh heh heh

This stuff is very scientific. Are you guys making fun of me???

Last edited by BigTreo; 02/04/2004 at 07:30 PM.