1.    #1  
    Hey one of the most used apps on my old Treo 270 was Switcheroo. It is a hackmaster hack that allows you to assign letters to specific applications. I know that the Favorites function of the Treo 600 has a letter launch thing, but I would rather leave those for something else.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Not exactly what you're after - but it does let you launch an app from anywhere by pressing and holding the assigned key.

It does use the favourites from the phone - but makes them accessible globally.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I actually bought a copy of that. But like I said dont want to use up all my favorites to launch applications. I found CoLauncher which works well for me. I can assign two apps to one letter with one in the favorite and one handled by colauncher button presses.

Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    Not exactly what you're after - but it does let you launch an app from anywhere by pressing and holding the assigned key.

It does use the favourites from the phone - but makes them accessible globally.
    There are several options like Mcphling, HiLauncher etc. I personally prefer the former...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    I got McPhling too but it doesnt make you launch apps by pressing letters. Co-Launcher does.

Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    There are several options like Mcphling, HiLauncher etc. I personally prefer the former...