1.    #1  
    I have been addicted to this dang Treo600 for the last for days! I just got it and boy is it an awesome device. I have honestly lost a little weight & haven't shined the ol pickle since I got it. i'm too busy finding out all the little quirks of my new toy. Which led me to find out the following:

1 Take a picture with your Treo phone & save it.

2 Now got to your free email app from Handspring and go to send a picture. That's great, no? You can send a pic without Sprint's crappy MMS. That's not the cool part!

3 Now go to your outbox & view the picturemail you just sent & click on your attatchment. VOILA! It now prompts you to choose witch photo app you have installed on your Treo to open the photo. Open the photo & save it (I have Acid Image). Now it's on your Treo for you to access in Snappermail or where ever. You don't even have to send an email from that app to open the attachment to save it. Just typed up a bogus email, attach the picture u want, then put the email in drafts or outbox. then go in & get the picture. neat huh?

4 Just found this one out. You can ditch your Handspring maill app & save to your treo without a card. Just installed "ramdisk" software. It creates some sort of partition on your palm that becomes recognized as a card. Go check it out.

Anyway, I hope this was not already discussed cuz I feel kinda special (and geeky) to have "discovered" this. Have fun.

P.S. A caveat; when I open snappermail and attach the pciture I just saved it converts the jpeg into pdb. Is there any way to just keep it as a straight jpeg?
    Last edited by treoneo; 02/07/2004 at 06:09 AM.
    Originally posted by treoneo

P.S. A caveat; when I open snappermail and attach the pciture I just saved it converts the jpeg into pdb. Is there any way to just keep it as a straight jpeg?
    My limited experience is that the Palm OS in it's main memory cannot store files that don't end in PDB or whatever.

You have to either save it to your card, (maybe your ram disk?) or, run a program called (I think) PAR that will make the JPG a PDB but still leave it in the JPG format (not sure how that all works, just going from what I remember reading).

Hope I'm not off base here.
    ----------------------------------------
    mk3cn4 uses a Treo 600 with ReqWireless Web Browser (others are useless IMO), Snappermail, Xiino, PalmVNC... and is a big infone fan. Cheaper and magnatudes better than Sprint's 411 ripoff, www.infone.com.
    Originally posted by treoneo
    I have been addicted to this dang Treo600 for the last for days! I just got it and boy is it an awesome device. I have honestly lost a little weight & haven't shined the ol pickle since I got it. i'm too busy finding out all the little quirks of my new toy. Which led me to find out the following:

1 Take a picture with your Treo phone & save it.

2 Now got to your free email app from Handspring and go to send a picture. That's great, no? You can send a pic without Sprint's crappy MMS. That's not the cool part!

3 Now go to your outbox & view the picturemail you just sent & click on your attatchment. VOILA! It now prompts you to choose witch photo app you have installed on your Treo to open the photo. Open the photo & save it (I have Acid Image). Now it's on your Treo for you to access in Snappermail or where ever. You don't even have to send an email from that app to open the attachment to save it. Just typed up a bogus email, attach the picture u want, then put the email in drafts or outbox. then go in & get the picture. neat huh?

4 Just found this one out. You can ditch your Handspring maill app & save to your treo without a card. Just installed "ramdisk" software. It creates some sort of partition on your palm that becomes recognized as a card. Go check it out.

Anyway, I hope this was not already discussed cuz I feel kinda special (and geeky) to have "discovered" this. Have fun.

Glad you found it by hacking it out.
    Most have been aware of this since they learned the same way.
  4.    #4  
    I'm always the last to know. I just got my treo last week so I suppose I'm a bit behind all you techies. I'm pretty nerdy though. I'll catch up

I am sticking with the ramdisk method. ditching the clunky handspring mail app.
    Sending photo and ringtone attachments is HS Mail's killer app. You don't have to send mock emails or save images to SD; and most importantly you can actually view the image you're sending.

HS Mail disappeared from my Treo after installing Sprint's firmware upgrade, and I forgot how kludgy it was to use any other method. Picture Mail was fine until I installed Qset, which increases image quality by reducing image compression, resulting in file sizes too large for Picture Mail to handle. So I'm reinstalling HS Mail today.

For everything else, use Snappermail. For send photos, HS Mail is way more convenient.
    Yup, that's the only way I've found to actually add images from the card to the Treo Picture library! Kind of a clumsy work-around but it works!!

Nope. PalmOs doesn't support native files formats like jpg etc in ram (at least not yet). They have to be converted to pdb files or they must remain on the card. Fyi, Resco can easily move images from ram to the card and vice versa and automatically converts it for you...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    On tips, I love to use the MMS app to make brief notes (New, Add Drawing). You can either save them as Drafts, or use preview, tap the pic and then save to Treo Photo.

I have annotated photos this way too. The downside is that photos are downsized to 160x120.
    -
    Edward Green
    www.treospace.co.uk
  8.    #8  
    I gotta say that I have been using ramdisk and it is an efficient and easy way to save photos taken by the treo directly to the treo in it's native format. so easy to send am email with a jpeg.. why even waste time with the handspring mail app unless you can't affors snapper...