1.    #1  
    Folks,

I just noticed something odd about my phone... I couldn't understand why my memory available continued to decrease the more I used blazer after the CDMA Upgrade. I decided to go and purge my cache memory and suddenly noticed that my allocated cache memory (in Blazer|Preferences|Advanced) had been set to 99MBs!!!!!

Okay, this seems impossible b/c the treo only has 24MB's usable, but there it was... those of you noticing that the Treo was performing better would PROBABLY be wise to check this setting to ensure that you won't suddenly run out of memory and cause a reset or something as serious.

Let me know if anyone else has discovered this...

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Originally posted by Leeladisky

Let me know if anyone else has discovered this...

L [/B]
    Nope, my Treo is still set for a 3MB limit

-A
    Nope, 1.6M (5%) was my default after the V1.10 upgrade.
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Nope, 1.6M (5%) was my default after the V1.10 upgrade.
    Same for me.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I had no problems at all with that. I upgraded both my wife's Treo600 and my Treo600, and had no problems with that setting.

Only problems I had on mine:

* After completion of the update, it lost my settings for hot synching with my calendar that had been stored on my Treo 600 (user name, server name and password).

* Same problem with my screen lock password, it was previously stored but it lost it.

These two problems were easily solved by re-imputing the data, although personally I think that is a pain in the ***, the upgrade should work without having to re-input data.

Stoopid software engineers cant deliver defect free product, but just blame it on a "bug" and it makes it all okay, right? No wonder your work is going oversees.

Buddy
    Mine is still at 1.6 as well, although I restored after the update from a backup card, so if the update did change any settings I probably overwrote them.

...ken
    Originally posted by buddy
    Stoopid software engineers cant deliver defect free product, but just blame it on a "bug" and it makes it all okay, right? No wonder your work is going oversees.

Buddy
    I've never programmed a line of code (at least not since college, which was prehistoric) but that's an unfair cheap shot. I'd bet thousands have done the upgrade, and there aren't that many complaints showing up on the boards - and we all tend to over-react at the first hiccup with our precious toys.

FYI - those jobs are going overseas because companies cut cost to boost profits. They are the ones supporting cheap labor - not for quality reasons. It's the 21st century version of the textile sweat shops.
    i'm with you dstrauss. i just followed the upgrade instructions. i didn't back stuff up (except for the required hotsync), i didn't hard reset, i didn't sync to a new id, nothing! and it worked fine. my cache is 1.6 and no resets with any app yet (though if it does happen on the rare occassion, life will go on).
    Originally posted by buddy

As a software engineer, I can tell you, you have no idea what you are talking about.
    I'm back to having a cookie issue, and although the 1.10 upgrade went smooth , I'm beginning to wonder about its effectiveness.