1.    #1  
    Hi, sorry if this is an obvious question or one that has been previously posted/answered ...

I am having problems with my Treo 600 freezing completely and not powering up without external power. Unfortunately, once it powers back up, all the data is lost. This could be deadly if I'm on the road, even if I have power I might lose everything if I am unable to perform a HotSync.

Is it possible to backup EVERYTHING to an SD CARD? I'm talking about Contacts, Notes/Memos, Tasks/ToDo maybe even data from 3rd Party apps.

If so, any recommendation on cards?
    What, if any, software is required?

Thanks for your feedback!
    What you need is a software called 'BackupBuddyVFS'. It does a complete backup of your PDA and it works just as promised.
    Also try out BackupMan.
    I installed backup man-crow bar simple. Works super.
  5.    #5  
    What about if the device is completely reset? Will it not have lost the backup software and therefore not be able to restore anything until I can get back to my computer and HotSync the backup software to the device? Or, will the backup software remain on the device or SD card even after an accidental hard reset? Make sense?

Thanks again!
    I use backup buddy and what it can restore a full reset anywhere.

what it does is: it installs a copy of itself onto your SD card, this copy can be ran straight off the SD card (no extra works, just select the sd card from the tabs and it will be right there) and the copy will automatically restore everything. all you need is the sd card and that's it.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

if you experience a 'Hard Reset' and lose everything remember that you have backupman on the card also, along with the files.
    Can I use the same SD card to backup to that I keep MP3's on etc?

Will it allow me to keep sound files in a separate folder? This program seems like a must for when you travel...just in case you get that mysterious hard reset from your AC adapter (been known to happen).
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Can I use the same SD card to backup to that I keep MP3's on etc?

Will it allow me to keep sound files in a separate folder? This program seems like a must for when you travel...just in case you get that mysterious hard reset from your AC adapter (been known to happen).
    Yes, no need for a seperate card. BackupBuddyVFS has saved me a few times, and the files are encrypted.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    I assume it only takes up the amount of space as you have files on your Treo, correct?