Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Seems like Profeo Lite does what this program does and more and is also free. Am I wrong?
    MVT, I am the author of Profeo, and I am sorry to say that you are somewhat wrong. At the moment Profeo Lite does not provide the following features that Allegro provides:
    1. VM/SMS alerts with the LED
    2. Volume keys used to scroll
    3. Keyguard

Profeo Lite is much more flexible and reliable in controling the radio and the lights, as well as some sound and vibration options. The VM/SMS notifications will probably be added in the future, but I think that I will not provide keyguard or volkeys, because there are other utilities that can do that. And the main benefits of Profeo are that it works (unlike some features of Allegro) and it is supported.

I am glad if you find Profeo Lite useful. In case you have any questions, comments and suggestions about it, please visit the dedicated support forums at:
    http://mytreo.net/profeo
    Did you use Profeo today ?
    I switch from TreoAllegro/TreoHelper to Profeo for all of the reasons above and have been very happy with the results as Profeo has been very reliable and has not caused conflicts with any other app that sets alarms.

To get VM/SMS LED and volume button control (plus other features), I'm using Butler (formerly TreoButler) and have been equally happy.

The only other thing to add is that Profeo shouldn't be considered free. It's definitely useful enough for you to give a donation in return.
    same here and
    very well put
    i have the same problem with the LED notification not turning off after I read the SMS or listen to voicemail. If I go into Treo Allegro and exit it (without changing anything) it resets the LED.
    A question, this application works into the Treo 270?
    Hi,

a question, this app works into the Treo 270 ???

Thanks.
  8. bsm
    nachon - Any plans for certification of Profeo on the Treo 650? Thanks.
    I also would LOVE to see this on the 650, it's exactly what i want. Butler does it but i can't justify spending that much because i only want the LED features.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Nachon, please make a 650-compatible version of ProfeoLite.

Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    MVT, I am the author of Profeo, and I am sorry to say that you are somewhat wrong. At the moment Profeo Lite does not provide the following features that Allegro provides:
    1. VM/SMS alerts with the LED
    2. Volume keys used to scroll
    3. Keyguard

Profeo Lite is much more flexible and reliable in controling the radio and the lights, as well as some sound and vibration options. The VM/SMS notifications will probably be added in the future, but I think that I will not provide keyguard or volkeys, because there are other utilities that can do that. And the main benefits of Profeo are that it works (unlike some features of Allegro) and it is supported.

I am glad if you find Profeo Lite useful. In case you have any questions, comments and suggestions about it, please visit the dedicated support forums at:
    http://mytreo.net/profeo
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veezer
    I'll have some new features in the next release coming some time next week hopefully. (Main ones are getting a missed call indicator...
    Veezer:

just wanted to check back how you are doing with the new version. I (and, as I read above, many others) would greatly appreciate an added indicator for missed calls.

Thanks anyway for your work, the application already is great!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345