Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Originally posted by stynos
    Veezer, I think i figured out the cause of the led not stopping. When i receive a "normal" sms it works fine. However when I receive a sms in a chat-thread, the led doesn't stop!

Anyway to fix it?
    Ah, great point. I haven't used sms chat much (Sprint just enabled it a few days ago in my area). I'll fix that in the next version.
  2.    #62  
    Originally posted by GalenMD
    Hey Veezer, Great App!

Just started using it. I have a question/suggestion: Is there anyway to re-enable the keys after answering a call? I like to use the space key to toggle the speaker phone on/off. There may be other needs as well, but I have yet to think of them...
    that's strange, i thought the app enabled the keys after answering the call. i'll have to look into that in more detail, but that was the original intention..
    .2 fixed my major issues... but it seem that the keyboard light setting don't take effect as scheduled. If I load the app, then the settings take effect and work, but they don't change at the set time.
    Originally posted by dudemasicus
    .2 fixed my major issues... but it seem that the keyboard light setting don't take effect as scheduled. If I load the app, then the settings take effect and work, but they don't change at the set time.
    Same problem here, however, I believe my daylight settings worked, it just didn't change to the night settings as I had configured...

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Veezer, any chance for adding a possibiliy to use the led for missed calls notification? Would be very handy to me! And I can imagine to others as well!
    Just noticed that the Phone app and SMS app don't respect the keyboard light settings. Everything else seems to work right but those. Wondering if anyone else had that happen. Not even sure you can easily fix that if the apps have their own settings.
    I have the same problem in that the keyboard off and on settings are not activated automatically. They kick in when I launch the app.
    Same problem here with keyboard scheduling not being effective, and with the phone/sms apps not respecting the settings.

--TechDude
    Originally posted by veezer
    I'll fix that in the next version.
    Have you given any thought to making this application open source ? Have a look at the improvements made to KeyCaps600 through open source development for any example of why I ask :-)

Whaddyareckon ?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    hey veezer:

you go to cornell?
    Any ETA on an update?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Originally posted by treoneo
    when i get a voicemail, turns orange but turns back to default color before i listen to it.
    I'm experiencing the same issue as Treoneo. I've tested the program "Call Filter" and it has LED manipulation based on if you have a voicemail message. The great thing about the way it works is that the LED flashes until I check my voicemail and actually delete the message.

Any way you could get the LED flashing to be triggered by the Voicemail icon instead of alert window? That way if I am unable to check my voicemail at the moment that I become aware of the flashing LED, I am reminded to check it later. Great work!
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Originally posted by jeeter

I'm experiencing the same issue as Treoneo. I've tested the program "Call Filter" and it has LED manipulation based on if you have a voicemail message. The great thing about the way it works is that the LED flashes until I check my voicemail and actually delete the message.

Any way you could get the LED flashing to be triggered by the Voicemail icon instead of alert window? That way if I am unable to check my voicemail at the moment that I become aware of the flashing LED, I am reminded to check it later. Great work!
    The version I'm running seems to work exactly the way you describe, above... are you sure you're running the latest?
    Lee Ladisky
    Okay- here's the deal as I've discovered:

Most of us have problems where at our preset times, TreoAllegro will not adjust the backlighting/keyboard as requested unless we start TA and then exit again...

However, if the Treo is powered up (i.e., you are using the unit and it is on as you cross the configured begin time) the backlight adjusts as appropriate... it just doesn't do it in the background with the Treo asleep/off....

Does this help debug the issue?

L
    Lee Ladisky
    bump??
    Lee Ladisky
    Is this no longer supported?? I am having the same issues with the rapid flashing LED and such.

Nice program but if it doesn't work I guess it's time to switch to Treo Butler eh?

Jim
    Yeah, the developer doesn't appear to have been on the boards since about February (and I'm not talking about due to the crash...there were responses in this thread more recently that were lost). So I think this program is dead. It's a shame since it was really promising and I was really interested in its features. Treo Butler doesn't do some of the same things unfortunately. I bought TB anyway since it was recently on sale, but I really wish somebody would create an app like allegro that worked correctly. I'm hoping that the keyboard backlight functions will be in one of the profile programs currently in development.
    Any idea what happened?
    Someone should pick up the torch.......LOL
    Im going to guess that he either lost interest or is busy working on his PHD in CS.

His site is hosted by Cornell's CS Dept. and he is also listed there as a PHD Student (in his 4th year).

If you decide to hunt down his page, please be respectful and do not message his phone with questions about his application.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast