Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have my T600 on the way (I'm a Tmo customer, that answers why I don't already have it). Do current users feel that screen protectors are neccessary? I read that when Handspring was developing the T600, they took special care to make the screen entremely durable and rugged so it would nit be easily scratched.

what do you think, is it neccessary to protect the screen, or will it stand up to everyday pocket conditions?
    Originally posted by MoseGiganticus
    I have my T600 on the way (I'm a Tmo customer, that answers why I don't already have it). Do current users feel that screen protectors are neccessary? I read that when Handspring was developing the T600, they took special care to make the screen entremely durable and rugged so it would nit be easily scratched.

what do you think, is it neccessary to protect the screen, or will it stand up to everyday pocket conditions?
    With the quality of screen protectors these days (Martin Fields, Brando, Boxwave etc.) I don't see any reason at all not to have one. Better safe than sorry.
    Need one? No, it works perfectly well without it.

Want one? How are you going to carry it. If it's always going to be in a protective case, with the screen covered by plastic, then there's probably no reason to.
    If you're going to carry it in your pocket, w/o a case, then absolutely. Why take a chance that you'll forget and drop your keys in there some day.
    If it's going to be in a slip case, where you take it out to use it, I guess you need to decide what the chances are that you'll drop it, or drop something on it, that could scratch the screen.

But compared to $400-$600 for a phone, a screen protector is cheap insurance.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    Cool, I'm glad to have the feedback. i plan to use a screen protector, but I just wanted to make sure nobody out there would say "why would you need that, the screen is indestructible." A long shot, but form the description i read about how HS was designing it, I thought it might be a possibility.

Thansk for your feedback.
    I too thought the screen was indestructable, esp after being told that by the handspring folks when I saw an early 600 last June. They specifically made mention of the hardiness of the screen. So, I entered my 600 life full of confidence. A couple of months into it, by just an innocuous random swipe of the screen with my (cotton) long sleeve to get off some dust, and - oh no - the tiniest of scratches. Death. Agony. weeping. A quick trip over to boxwave.com, and $15 later, the scratch is no longer visible and that'll never happen again. The screen looks better too. Go ahead - you'll appreciate it in the long run.
  6.    #6  
    Very useful info- I'm glad to see I'm not the only one lead to believe the T600 screen was bullet proof.

While we're on the topic- you are recommending Cleartouch screen protectors. They look very useful and I like the properties of the material, but that price is up there- $13 for ONE screen protector? A little much, but maye it's worth it.

Does anyone else have a not-so-run-of-the-mill screen protector that they'd recommend?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    boxwave or brando's is your best bet. they are identical and worth every cent. so much better than the crap you could buy at best buy or circuit city for cheaper. you'll save yourself money just spending a little more on quality now, then having to get them later.
    I use the G2. They're great. www.pdascreenprotectors.com.
    Good Luck
    I think Martin Fields are the best. You don't even know they are there they're so clear.
    You have basically two choices in screen protectors--cheap ones that have to be replaced every month or two, and expensive ones that are harder and last longer. I don't know which is cheaper in the long run, but I'd just as soon NOT have to futz with one every month.

I put a Boxwave protector on mine on Christmas day, and it still looks like new. Doesn't seem to interfere with viewing the screen, using the stylus or anything else.

Before I bought mine, I did a bunch of google searches, and found some reviews of screen protectors and other accessories for the 600. You might find that useful.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I would never consider going without a screen protector myself. And I use the Handspring leather case that covers the whole Treo!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  12.    #12  
    This was all very helpful. Thanks for your help eveyone. It looks like Boxwave got the most feedabck, so i'llproably go with that. Thanks again.
    I have a Brando and I have been very satisfied with it. I can't tell it is there except for the fact that it makes the screen less slippery to the stylus.
    Plus, you can take it off, wash it, and put it back on. Recommended.

Regards,
    --Mathew
    (With Apologies to Mastercard...)

Treo 600 - $600
    Patience during many month wait to get the Treo - (Alot)
    Screen Protector - $13

Protection against even the smallest scratch - Priceless

Really even the most expensive screen protectors are a fraction of the Treo's cost, combine that with the wait and it's cheap insurance.
    Pete
    Where is a good place to get these protectors?
    Originally posted by Texbambam
    Where is a good place to get these protectors?
    Which one are you interested in?
    Well all I can say is, WAHHHH UN WAHHH, I lost my stylus and used my pen, a scracht in center of the screen , I orderd 2 sets of 3 ea. stylus and screen protector, darn thing hurts.
    Without a doubt buy the G2 screen protector. It is plastic and ever since I put it on I have never noticed it when looking at it or using my stylus.
    Originally posted by lvigp
    Without a doubt buy the G2 screen protector. It is plastic and ever since I put it on I have never noticed it when looking at it or using my stylus.
    Yep! I love my G2 as well. I love the fact that it does not use any adhesive and the edges disappear under the frame of the phone. You wouldn't even notice it's on their unless it was pointed out.

I've been using the same one now for several months and it still looks as good as the day I installed it.
  20.    #20  
    Canone of you G2 lovers post a link to where one might find a good price on one?
    We'll overcome you using our technology.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast