1.    #1  
    I found the ChangeName application on the web, but it doesn't work with OS 5. Is there any other way to change the name on the phone?
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    you still there? multi user hack.
    I'm not sure if this is what you're trying to do or not, my apologies if it's not but,

If you open the Palm Desktop application on your PC and look in the upper right hand corner you'll see a drop down box that says "USER" your current user name will be in the window.

Open the drop down window and select "EDIT USERS"

A new box will appear. Make sure your current user name is highlighted and then click on the "RENAME" button on the right side.
    But does the RENAME option blow up programs that are registered to the original HotSync name?
    Originally posted by Rob600
    But does the RENAME option blow up programs that are registered to the original HotSync name?
    Yes. That's why you should use 'multiuserhack"...
    MultiUserHack - set the username for individual apps (hack; pre-OS5 only)

User Name - use the same username on multiple devices but hotsync to different IDs (built specifically for OS5)

I personally have tested User Name on my TC and it works.