1.    #1  
    I just bought Jamba BT200 Headset for my Treo 600. I love it!

I only wish the Treo supported voice recognition dialing.

Does anyone know of software that I can buy that gets the Treo600 to do voice recognition dialing?

NC2
    Only way of getting voice dialing that I know of right now is to get the service from your carrier. Sprint charges $5 a month for voice command.

Why this feature, which is available in so many other phones, was left out is a mystery to me. I sure hope it wasn't because Sprint and the other carriers wanted the right to charge for it. Charge me for pictures...not for safety related features.

...ken
    Originally posted by kschoenberg
    Only way of getting voice dialing that I know of right now is to get the service from your carrier. Sprint charges $5 a month for voice command.

Why this feature, which is available in so many other phones, was left out is a mystery to me. I sure hope it wasn't because Sprint and the other carriers wanted the right to charge for it. Charge me for pictures...not for safety related features.

...ken
    Im sure it is becuase they want to charge for the service. I'm sure its easy to program for the ability, but carriers are greedy.
    Im sure it is becuase they want to charge for the service. I'm sure its easy to program for the ability, but carriers are greedy.
    Well, they are a business, but...
    Considering the T600 doesn't yet support voice recording functions either, I would say there's more to it than that, 'cause I know Audacity is supposedly working on a T600 version of their s/w.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that the mic only interfeces with the cell phone circuitry in the current firmware.
    Originally posted by kschoenberg

...ken
    ATTWS also has a voicedial service that they charge for.
    ATT Voice Dial