1.    #1  
    Sorry for the dumb question but here is goes.

If I were to buy one of the unlocked treo 600s from ebay or someplace else they don't have a sim right ? So were do I get one from do I have to have an phone to take it out of or I can I buy them ?

Thanks
    A SIM card would be provided to you by whoever your wireless service provider is.
    DIdn't try to buy just a sim, so I don't know if you can. However, you can usually buy a free or almost free phone just for the sim.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by cathartic
    A SIM card would be provided to you by whoever your wireless service provider is.
    Right but do I have to buy a phone from them and take it out or do I just walk in there an sign up and they give me one ?
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Levyesq
    DIdn't try to buy just a sim, so I don't know if you can. However, you can usually buy a free or almost free phone just for the sim.
    Do most phones have sims now ? I thought the free cheapo ones didn't but the last time I looked at this stuff was when sprint rolled out pcs
    Your wireless provider will provide one for free. When I bought my phone from Handspring, I was still on AT&T's TDMA network. I went to an AT&T store and asked them for a SIM card. They set one up for me to use on their network and I was on my way. Then, when I ported over to Cingular, I asked them for a SIM card and they gave me one to use on their network. The cool thing with Cingular is, because I already had a phone, I didn't have to sign a contract. (Another reason why AT&T sucks. They make you renew your contract anytime you make any change to your account.)
    AT&T Wireless sucked so I left!! 2,370,000 ATTWS customers left in Q1 (2004) and I'm proud to be one of them!
    AirTouch Cellular => L.A. Cellular => AT&T Wireless => Cingular Wireless
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I popped by a T-mo store and they gave me a new Sim no problem. They just handed me a card and said call this number on the card to activate it. I told them I needed a new one b/c the one in my 270 had crapped out (which was true, the new one is working MUCH better). BTW, it was free.
    --Denny