1.    #1  
    Not sure if anyone else this problem but when I'm on a call, I can never connect to the web.

I'm using an unlocked 600 on T-Mobile.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    All Treos function this way -- the radio in the Treo can only do one thing at a time.
    I don't know if all treos act this way, but the CDMA/Sprint-Verizon ones do.

Rumor has it, the GSM's can do both?
    Perhaps a GSM user will respond?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    No, I thought it was that with GSM you recieve incoming call notification while online so you can answer the incoming call. With Sprint the caller automatically gets transferred to voicemail if you are online.

However, that feature is not the same thing as being able to use the web while on a phone call.
    Huh, that's interesting. My own experience, like Burkhardi's, is with a CDMA model. The similar function of the GSM & CDMA devices was confirmed in a discussion in another thread, but we never really confirmed if the different models handled the situation the same way, so this all makes sense. Very cool, score one point (or another point, as the case may be) for GSM.
    Not sure if anyone else this problem but when I'm on a call, I can never connect to the web.

I'm using an unlocked 600 on T-Mobile.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    Oye! So much confusion in this thread! This is in fact normal behavior an it totoally related to the type of radio in the Treo. The Tmo Treo is in fact a Class B GPRS device which means it can not access both voice and data services simutaneously. However it can automitically switch from one service to another (at least theoretically) and thus you can receive notifications of incoming calls while online. However the Treo must then switch from voice to data. In order to access both voice and data simutaneously, you need a Class C gprs radio which AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $are$ $mainly$ $found$ $only$ $in$ $air$ $cards$ $etc$. $In$ $regards$ $to$ $CDMA$ $devices$ $like$ $the$ $Sprint$ $Treo600$, $1xrtt$ $only$ $offers$ $voice$ $or$ $data$ $service$ $individually$ $and$ $there$ $is$ $no$ $automatic$ $switching$. $Thus$ $if$ $you$ $receive$ $a$ $call$ $while$ $during$ $and$ active data connection, it will automatically be routed to voicemail without a notification. CDMA2000 will offer dual data+voice with the implemention of its third phase known as 1xEvDv.....
  7.    #7  
    Strange, even when I am browsing the web and someone calls, it goes straight to VM instead of at least giving me some kind of notification that I am receiving a call.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior? I am using T-Mobile service.