Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm trying to determine if I need the following programs within my Treo. Can anyone tell me something about the following files?

S7 BG log 1
    S7 BG log 2
    S7 Log 1
    S7 Log 2

Do I need to keep them or can I delete?

Thanks!!
    I'm pretty sure those are part of sprint bus connection and shouldnt be deleted.
    I'm having a problem with Backup Buddy (Personal) when it encounters S7 Log 1 and S7 Log 2. I know they are part of BizCon......but what is wrong with them? Is it BizCon? Is it Backup Buddy? Any help?
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    I have deleted S7 log on many occassions when it swells to a large size with no negative ramifications. It reappears at a much smaller size.
    Can you tell me where do you go to delete these log files? I went under Delete and could not see these files under Phone or my SD card. I have a Treo 650, and have been getting error messages when I try to backup the phone using BackupBuddy VFS.

Thx,
    /Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by tnguyenmdc
    Can you tell me where do you go to delete these log files? I went under Delete and could not see these files under Phone or my SD card. I have a Treo 650, and have been getting error messages when I try to backup the phone using BackupBuddy VFS.

Thx,
    You need a program like FileZ. You can delete them and they will be created again by Sprint's Business Connection "I think". I have had to delete some of them when I would get errors with BackupBuddy. Delete them, run your backup, and everything should be okay. I have not lost anything, that I know of, after deleting the log files.
    Works great. Thank you so much. My S7 DB log 2 was the culprit so I deleted it, and now I can backup fine. And Sprint BC seems to work normal. I do see S7 DB log 1, and that one is 1.2 MB. If I delete it, would it also re-create and shrink down??

Thank you for your help, JohnH59.

Cheers,
    /Tony
    You can delete them. If you want, you can open them up on your computer and get the full info on what the program has been doing.