1.    #1  
    This weekend, the earpiece suddenly stopped working on my Sprint Treo 600. I can still use an earjack, and speakerphone also works -- but I can't use the phone the normal way. Has anyone else experienced this?

Another problem that started about a month ago (is that the metal strip on the left-side of the Treo started peeling off. It must have got caught on something in my pocket. My feeling is, they shouldn't put something ornamental onto the device which is at risk of breaking off...
    Yep, my earpiece stopped working about 2 weeks ago.
    Called Sprint and they send a brand new treo replacement overnight.
    I have the same problem, except mine is a Cingular GSM Treo600.
    Actually in my case I was using the phone and I pressed a few buttons really quickly and the phone reset itself. After the reset I noticed that the speaker had stopped working and the only way I could make calls was thru the speakerphone.
    mine stopped on friday, the speaker, the earpiece, and the loudspeaker. I am awaiting my replacement. In the meantime all data and sms works great on sprint
    Mine just started acting up intermediately. It'll cut out for a few seconds here and there in the middle of a call. Kind of curious that this issue would start popping up for all these people at around the same time. I wonder if it's a manufacturing problem or maybe a firmware upgrade problem.

All of you who have the same problem (at least on Sprint) --- did you upgrade the firmware? I'm on 1.1
    this has just started happening to me too... sound quality thru earpiece is starting to degrade noticeably and the earpiece does cut off during calls... this started after the firmware upgrade so I assume its related, especially if other are experiencing it.

would a hard reset possibly resolve this??
  7.    #7  
    this started after the firmware upgrade so I assume its related, especially if other are experiencing it.
    Yes, that is when it happened for me. So perhaps it is related to the 1.1 firmware upgrade ????
    I had this happen to me a while ago, they replaced my phone. Weird thing was conversations couldn't be heard, yet when I pressed the 5 way nav or buttons, the beeping still came out. Whats even weirder is if I pressed those buttons, I would hear the beep from pressing the button, then the conversation for a second.
    Originally posted by thekamuzu

Yes, that is when it happened for me. So perhaps it is related to the 1.1 firmware upgrade ????
    possibly, but it also looks like others had the issue before the FW was available... its possible the upgrade caused the problem to manifest quicker...
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Mine did the same exact thing after I did the FW update. I also lost the touchscreen. I called sprint and they sent me an RMA kit.

Good thing for warranty
    2nd treo with this problem in two weeks they are sending an other one .
    I have played with over 10 different Treos, and about 5 of them have had the front speaker problem. From what i can tell it is not firm ware driven, since I have tried 1.1, 2.08, and 2.08 firmware versions and they have not solved the problem. I have had 3 phones replaced by handspring. If you ask them if it is a common problem they will tell you NO, but will be quick to replace your unit.

If you read many of the posts here, you will see it is a problem many people are having. I have some connections and managed to get my hands on some replacement front speakers and mics. After changing the speaker there was not much improvment. i managed to get the speaker to work, but shortly after the same problem happened again.

For what its worth, the 3 replacement phones I got have not had the same problem. Not sure if something on the "old" treos shorts the speaker out, or if it is just a software problem.