Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let's post New and Useful Software here that is compatable and tested on the Treo along with the description and links. Here is what I found today:

AnimateMe!: This program lets you do colorful animations, with unlimited frames per animation.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...0&prodid=49627
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 02/17/2004 at 12:57 PM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  2.    #2  
    Come on you guys, I know I'm not the only one coming across (ok researching) new programs that run on the T600.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Sprint Treo 600 Updater 1.0
    by palmOne (Untested)
    For the Sprint T600 only!

The Sprint Treo 600 Updater 1.10 improves your device's performance with these changes:
    - Corrects SMS Messaging with Sprint's new network SMS
    implementation
    - Fixes web browser cookie corruption and cookie size
    management
    - Enables the use of numbered keys to navigate pages on
    Sprint's mobile website
    - Corrects provisioning issues that have occurred on a small number of devices

http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...0&prodid=53668

your not the only one checking out software, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of threads about them. Do you bother reading, or searching the boards? no offense, but do we really need one more about nothing specific?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  5.    #5  
    Actually, I was trying to set aside a place where we could go and find new stuff without scouring the Net or the various threads.

If we need one or not was not the issue. The issue was trying to centralize and put new apps in one thread.

So since this thread was useless to you, I won't be offended if you vacate it. No offense.

I thought thats what the General Software Forum was for... am i missing something? Scour the net? This is treocentral isn't it? How hard is it to log in and do a search for new posts? Seems faster than posting the same info over and over and over again. I will vacate this thread, apparently no one else even bothered to respond to ya! Keep up the good work.
    Christo

There are NO Limits
  7.    #7  
    I'm not losing sleep about it Dude, you know.

And this would not be the first thread that did not get a response, but then there was your response. I would like to think that you count.

you count too, as does everyone here. Im just trying to get you to use the boards like most of us long time visitors, if you plan on staying, it'll be much easier on us all! Sorry for the bark, i was late on my dinner

ps - If all the women were so good at raising families, why is the fasinaction of the moment a breast on tv? Who raised all these men to be sexist, racist, homophobes? just kidding.
    Christo

There are NO Limits
  9.    #9  
    LOL, I heard that!

Why don't you two get a room!
  11.    #11  
    Although this is not a Treo or new app, it is a very useful Email Notification desktop app, and great for identifiying the source of emails without having to leave your present application. So if you're wondering if that email is from that TreoCentral thread you subscribed to, it does the job.

When you get an email, it pops up a screen in the program you are in and lists the topic, source, time of the email. From the screen you can click on the notification and go straight to the email. It also compiles your email list if you have more than one message.

Pop Peeper
    http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-...ml?tag=lst-0-1
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 02/06/2004 at 08:35 AM.

12.    #12  
    KsDatebook
    "KsDatebook is a replacement of built-in Datebook of Palm OS."

http://www.freewarepalm.com/database/ksdatebook.shtml

I downloaded it direct from the Treo using the bookmark for the site.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Also, took a little fiddling around with it to understand it, but here's another. (Not a new program, but new to me.) Don't know how secure it is, but it's fun to have on my unit. Can personalize the scrolling banner!

Matrix Security Program:
    "matrix is a security program with a nice animation."

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/matrix.shtml

BTW, one of the updates must have been color, mines shows color.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 02/11/2004 at 05:13 PM.

Originally posted by GeekyMom
    KsDatebook
    So what's the advantage of using KsDatebook instead of the build-in app? What features does it add?
  14.    #14  
    The view for the week and month are different, I also noticed a combination of both date and todo list as well as option variances. It has Misc. options which allow you to use the volume button to toggle the views.

If you go to the download site listed above, there are screen shots that show the difference as well as reviews of what others think about it.

15.    #15  
    To further describe the new Calendar program, it also allows color in the fields. That was the thing that was missing for me with the other programs.

In order to install the colors into the program you will need the app "MakeSpot". For this software, please contact the developer at: (http://www.ne.jp/asahi/soft/miday/)
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 02/26/2004 at 08:39 AM.

My contribution to the thread: TimeWhiz, it's a Free Palm Time tracker and has limited 5 way support. You can actually use it without the stylus!

If I was gonna suggest on a way to improve the thread, let's hear about new apps that have Treo 600 and especially 5way support. I get so disappointed when I find an app that either doesn't run or requires intensive stylus use.
    Last edited by PeteEMT; 02/12/2004 at 10:52 AM.
    Pete
  17.    #17  
    Thanks Pete, good to know as I am behind the curve ball and normally don't use the 5 way navational button. But I am seeing more posts about folks who do so this is good to know.

P.S. Just tested KsDatebook and it does use the 5 way.

I am behind the curve ball
    This sounds like an interesting place to be. I have been thrown a curve ball, been behind the eight-ball and been behind the curve at different times, so I guess you must have been the one throwing the curve ball.

(No offense, just an amused comment!)

Patrick Brinton
  19.    #19  
    oops, now did I misquote.

KsDatebook

http://www.freewarepalm.com/database/ksdatebook.shtml

Matrix Security Program:
    "matrix is a security program with a nice animation."

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/matrix.shtml

BTW, one of the updates must have been color, mines shows color.

Nice App this was just what I was looking for!!
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast