1.    #1  
    I know this has been covered previously. I believe the answer was that PalmOne did not release the proper api for camera control for someone to add a video capture function.

However, seeing that Sony probably has even less of developer support than PalmOne, I discovered this software on PalmGear. Could someone contact the developer to develop a similar software for the Treo?

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=45545
    Thanks for the info and the link!

On a technical note, I don't know if this can be done with the Treo but it would be so sweetttttt!

But what the hay, I will definately contact the developer and encourage you guys to do the same.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=45545

---Cuz Ya never know....

Here is my letter to the developer:

Hello,

I am writing to inquire about your Vivid product. I have a HS Treo 600 and would like to know if this product is compatible with the Treo?

If not, would you consider creating a version that would be compatible with the Treo? There is a large body of Treo users on www.Treocentral.com that would LOVE to be able to use this capability on their Smartphone to create video's!

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

M. Sims
    -Maryland
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 02/02/2004 at 08:00 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Here's the developers page: Here

I would love to have a video capture function on my Treo. Here's my note, that I sent to support -at- clievideo.com and bugs -at- clievideo.com:

Your Vivid product looks really cool! Any chance we could get a version for the Treo 600?

Thanks,
    Peter

(Edited to obfuscate email addresses)
    Last edited by phandel; 02/04/2004 at 11:34 AM.
    You are asking video capture apps, from a company who can't even write voice recording utility?

what is the chance that going to happen?
    Give hope a chance. -LOL

All they can say is "Nay."

Anyway you cut it we wouldn't have lost anything, and if we are lucky, may even gain something if it is only a glimmer of hope.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Hi GeekyMom and others,

Thank you for your emails requesting video capture software for the Treo600.

We have a policy not to comment on the possible availability of new products, so I will not be able to answer your questions.

However, I can say that we are working on products that will support the treo600, but I can not disclose any details about them.

I agree that video capture would be a great feature for the Treo600, and an even greater feature if Handspring could do something about the quality of the camera images in lowlight conditions.

Jonatan Fernstad
    www.clievideo.com
    Originally posted by counsel
    If Sony camera can do Video capture, why not treo?
    Might turn it around and ask why the Sony doesn't make phone calls?

In other words, the Treo already packs a whole lot of functionality into a package smaller the the Clie. I'm pretty happy with what I've got.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    i would be happy with NO camera whatsoever if i could get my t600 to wake from the sleep of death! it's okay though...PO is replacing it with a brand new used one and it's only taking 3-5 business days to get here!! can't ask for more than that for my $500!

but i'm not bitter.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    My 2 cents on video from the Treo.

Poor image quality on pictures will result in poor quality video. Think about how long it takes the Treo to adjust to lighting before you can snap a picture. Then remember that if you leave the camera on for to long you get blue dots all over the image.

The Treo has a very low quality CCD, and that is why we have poor image quality. Until the CCD is upgraded, there is nothing we can do about the quality. Trying to put video capabilities on this phone would be a waste of resources.

Before I get flamed this is just my opinion... The camera is somewhat neat, but I would have been just as happy with this phone even if it didn't have a camera.
    I run video's on my Treo using Kinoma and Kinoma Producer and it is invaluable seeing your own personal video's on the unit!

Yes, a better camera/resolution would help a hellavalot, but we gots to work with what we got. And having a camera on the unit is by far better than not having one. Same goes for video capability.

So some of us who are hoping and waiting on more products to maximize the usages of the Treo, getting and doing more with Treo is just a "Vivid" point.

Is it technically possible to record movies on the Treo 600? If not, let us know, and we'll stop bugging you guys :-)

Thanks,
    Peter
    Originally posted by meyerweb

Might turn it around and ask why the Sony doesn't make phone calls?

In other words, the Treo already packs a whole lot of functionality into a package smaller the the Clie.
    The Orange SPV using MS smartphone can do audio and video recording.