1.    #1  
    I've searched the forums and Treo.tc--even talked to multiple Sprint CSRs ... but no help.
    What I'm looking for is a way to have the phone automatically dial *67 before all calls so my number is not revealed. BUT I need to be able to simply turn it on for a night or weekend and off the next day. AND, I'd like for it to happen even when clicking an SMS link. The reason is that I'm a physician and I get paged via SMS and can select the phone number link, but is problematic for patients to have my cell number--esp. when I'm not on call.
    HELP!!
    Dr. in Distress
    Block caller ID
    I am a GSm user and therefore might have alternative set ups, but try going into your phone menu. Pull down options menu, then call preferences and in that window there should be a check box for 'block outgoing caller ID'
    If you don't have that option, this is of no use :-)
    well, if you are not dealing with different area codes, you could put *67 in under the when dialing, add this area code to 7 digit numbers. (phone, menu, options, dial preferences) Not sure if it'll work.

Otherwise check out TakephONE, i think with a little set up it could to what you want for sure.

http://www.shsh.com/beta/index.html

digidep
    Does anyone use this app on the 600 and if so, how does it perform?
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by scudder
    Block caller ID
    I am a GSm user and therefore might have alternative set ups, but try going into your phone menu. Pull down options menu, then call preferences and in that window there should be a check box for 'block outgoing caller ID'
    If you don't have that option, this is of no use :-)
    That's a perfect and beautiful solution.
    Unfortunately, you are correct--no such thing on Sprint CDMA phones.

That's exactly what I want!
    Can anyone write a hack---pleassse!
    Originally posted by TreoTheo
    <snip>What I'm looking for is a way to have the phone automatically dial *67 before all calls so my number is not revealed. BUT I need to be able to simply turn it on for a night or weekend and off the next day. AND, I'd like for it to happen even when clicking an SMS link. The reason is that I'm a physician... <snip>
    GSM callerID functions are completely different from CDMA functions. I don't know about Sprint, but Verizon has always allowed full time caller ID block on outgoing calls. I suspect Sprint does too. Then you only need to enable caller ID on those calls you want. Unfortunately, this is not "trivially" easy on the T600. You can, however, use the clipboard, and copy the phone number almost everywhere you can just click on it (if you can select it, you can copy it, usually). So you copy the number to the clipboard then go to the phone application and enter *82 and then paste the number from the clipboard in. The *82 turns caller ID on for one call only on CDMA systems, or at least it does for Verizon.

Not perfect, but something at least.

Bill S
  7.    #7  
    Thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions.

With great indebtedness to ideas suggested here, the solution I've arrived at is:

1. Called Sprint PCS CSR--they can turn Caller ID Blocking on or off, but this often requires a 20 minute hold and a delay for it to take effect, so is not practical. But I can have them leave Caller ID blocking "on" and then...

2. Use TAKEphONE to retract the blocking (*82) when I call most people from the address book.

3. Leave Caller ID Blocking for the linked dialing from SMS that uses the native Treo phone dialing app. (one problem was TAKEphONE would not be activated by dialing from a number in SMS message.)

Thanks again to all.