1.    #1  
    Sorry for the silly request, but how does one load additional ringers onto the Treo 600 ??
    Thanks,

np
    Shameless plug for my site
    http://www.vikrampant.com/treo600/ringtones_vol_ii.php

Anyway, You have to use your Treo 600 and surf the web on your Treo 600 to a MIDI site.

Try Treo600Essentials.com or whatever it is now. They have ringtones.

You can use those or ANY other MIDI you find online. The key is that you have to download them using your phone.

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
  3.    #3  
    Thanks............appreciate the heads up. I am used to PPC and Symbian based devices where you can open the file structure on your PC and just drag & drop files onto the device.
    Thanks,

np
    Palm devices *SHOULD* be as simple as that (by just copying over the file to an SD card) -- but this is currently a weakness of the Treo 600. Properly syncing ringtones into the phone dialer is a 5-step process, and took me hours to figure out (since I Don't have Internet access on the Treo)

Alex
    I found the easiest way is just to use the IR port on my laptop. Windows makes the transfer easy by 'detecting the device nearby'. I just choose files to send, it transfers them over and saves them to the ringtones database.

In some cases, my computer doesn't detect the T600. I can initiate an IR hotsync and cancel it, and my XP machine knows its there and I can send files.

Most midi files are quite small and transfer quickly.

Cheers,
    --Mike
    Originally posted by nickp
    Sorry for the silly request, but how does one load additional ringers onto the Treo 600 ??
    Checkout the Ringtone section at www.treobits.com We have more than 1700 tones to select from all in an easy to navigate format using the Treo.

www.treobits.com
    Treo 600 friendly website with Ringtones, Shoutcast Feeds and more...
    I have the same experience as Sabbota. I simply wave my Treo in front of my laptop's IR sensor (in my case, it's at the front of my laptop, very convenient) and Windows pops up a little window asking me if I want to transfer any files to the "found device". I simply select any MID files I want and voila, they appear on my Treo ringtones list.
    Hello Alex,
    My name is Greg I'm from the UK.
    I dont have internet access on my Treo either, could you tell me this 5 step process to getting midi ringtones onto the phone please?

Kind regards

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregos
    Hello Alex,
    My name is Greg I'm from the UK.
    I dont have internet access on my Treo either, could you tell me this 5 step process to getting midi ringtones onto the phone please?

Kind regards

Greg
    You could beam midi files from your computers or notebook IR port... Alternatively you could also copy the midi files onto another palm with a IR port and beam it from the palm to your treo.. Hope it helps...
    [Mid 1990's] Casio SF-7500 > Casio SF-9500 > Casio Planeo NX-6000 - Motorola 5200 > [1998] Palmpilot Pro - Ericsson GH388 > Palm Pilot Pro (2 MB) - Nokia 3210 > Palmpilot Pro (8 MB) - Ericsson GF788e > [1999] Handspring Visor Deluxe - Ericsson GF788e > [2001] Palm IIIC - Motorola V3688 - Nokia 8210 > [2002] Palm 505 - Motorola Timeport P7689 > [2004] Treo 600> [2005]Treo 600-Dell X50v[2006]Treo 650-Atom Pure