1.    #1  
    A lot of cell phones will keep the screen on and the keys lit while it is charging either with a wall charger or a car charger.

Is there any way to do this with treo 600? I want to keep the keyboard lit while i'm charging it in the car. It's really useful when driving at night.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Haven't tried it myself, but have you tried using OnCradleOn?

Also, you may wanna check out this thread for more info...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...+keyboard.html
    As far as OnCradleOn goes ... I believe it only keeps the screen turned on, not the keys.
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush

Use OCO in combination with Opt-P and it will keep the keys on, too.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    Use OCO in combination with Opt-P and it will keep the keys on, too.
    Listen to meyerweb...he told me about this solution and it works

Claire
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Thanks, but I've discovered a better way.

Find the profiles.prc application that's available, for free, here on TreoCentral. You can use it to set up multiple profiles (like Nokia phones) for different uses. For example, I have one named "office" which uses less anoying ring tones at a moderate volume. I have one named "loud/bright" which gives me the loudest ringtone I have at top volume, and screen near full brightness. There are a whole bunch of options you can control, including keeping the screen lights on while charging.

You can change profiles simply by holding down the Opt or Menu key for a second or two, and selecting the profile you want from a pick list. Easy.

I've create a profile called "Car / Night" It sets the loudest ringtone at full volume, the screen at min brightness, and screen on while charging. Unfortunately, I still have to hit opt-P to get the keyboard lights to stay on, but this is still easier than finding the OnCradleOn app, opening it, tapping the checkbox, etc.
    Bob Meyer
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    Thanks, but I've discovered a better way.

but this is still easier than finding the OnCradleOn app, opening it, tapping the checkbox, etc.
    That seems very complicated. I just leave the OCO box selected all the time. It only keeps the KB keys on when you press Opt-P. Unless you want all these other profiles, I think OCO is the way 2 go. Just my opinion.

Claire
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  8.    #8  
    I don't know about you guys, but I find having the screen on all the time when i'm driving to be quite annoying, even if its set on the dimmest setting. i'd really like only the keyboard lights on.
    Originally posted by mdeshur
    I don't know about you guys, but I find having the screen on all the time when i'm driving to be quite annoying, even if its set on the dimmest setting. i'd really like only the keyboard lights on.
    I agree, but there doesn't seem to be a way, yet, to turn on the keys without turning on the screen. Another reason I like the profiles app. It now allows you to assign the Opt-P combination to a profile, AND assign the color scheme to a profile.

So I now have a profile labelled "Car / Night" which keeps the keyboard on when plugged in, sets the color scheme to Nostalgia, which has a very dark background, turns the ringer up to full loud (and selects a LOUD ringtone). When I get out of the car, I can switch back to a profile with a brighter color scheme and the Opt-P setting off. All with just a couple of keyclicks.

Works very well for me, and it's free.
    Bob Meyer
    meyerweb states:

Find the profiles.prc application that's available, for free, here on TreoCentral.

Q: Where is the "profiles.prc" app on TreoCentral? It's probably
    staring me in the face but I can't seem to find it. Thanks
    I did a search on profiles.prc and the first thread included this page:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...&pagenumber=13

You can download the attached file, but the thread above will have updated releases as they come.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bob Meyer