Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

some new features in treo butler

Most important: Keylauncher now deletes the character it has left before switching applications. (it used to leave random single characters strewn behind)

as promised (though slightly late) you can now stop keys from answering phone calls (e.g. when phone in case)

the new keyguard now shows a key icon to indicate that the screen is locked

you can press and hold the menu key to launch the command bar

I've moved the nags into the attention manager as they seemed to be causing some crashes.

Enjoy - and as ever I look forward to comments and bug reports!

Edit - hmm - will load attachment again in new post
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 02/01/2004 at 03:44 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    The attachment seems corrupted and palmgear still has the old version.
    The download worked fine for me. I had to play around a little to get it to install.
    1. Deleted TB from treo using zlauncher..
    2. hotsync.
    3. Install using install tool.
    4. Hotsync. Didn't install.
    5. Remove TB from trash bin.
    6. Hotsync.
    7. Install tool.
    8. Hotsync worked.
    Last edited by dfausz; 02/01/2004 at 03:51 PM.
  4.    #4  
    try this

Edit: you shouldn't have to - but it might help to delete the old version and re-install as described above.
    Edit: attachment removed - better version later.
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 02/02/2004 at 06:30 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    try this

Edit: you shouldn't have to - but it might help to delete the old version and re-install as described above.
    Oh, sorry it works OK, for some reason Opera interpreted it as a .zip file. Worked fine in IE.
    Can't answer a phone call! Have keyguard enabled, attention grabber enabled, phone buttons disabled--

How do I answer a call? Middle button, highlighting answer, nothing works. I do have picture ID, does that matter?

Please help, otherwise seems like the app is pretty well nailed.

John
  7.    #7  
    re dr tango can't answer phone.

this works fine for me - no idea what could be up. you do seem jinxed with tb John!

I won't be able to do any fixing until Tue. In the meantime is anyone else getting (or not geting) this problem? it would help if we can try to figure out a common theme...
    No problems here. If anything TB is working too well. I don't need that much reminding. lol
    Agree, I'm jinxed. The SMS issue was a Sprint thing, went away with the recent ROM upgrade.

When the phone rings, I'm entirely locked out while the phone is ringing, no keyguard sign, not a single button works. I am using IKA as directed. When the other party hangs up, I can see the key sign again, hit the center button, and interact with the screen as usual. I've tried various combinations on the "Misc" menu, the only thing that will work is unckecking the box for the phone keyguard (guards the keys too well on my phone).

I'm bummed as I thought I had an app that would do it all. I like the attention grabber, I'll use that for now and "keepoff" to disable the buttons when the unit is in my pocket. I've played with it all evening while watching the Superbowl so I'm pretty sure it's not because I'm a doofus...

Thanks
    John
    I have the LED status set to solid orange for a voicemail. I have a Sprint CDMA phone and its not working... am I missing something?
    Last edited by Leeladisky; 02/02/2004 at 12:31 AM.
    The key guard for the enter, backspace, and spacebar work as advertised. I wish the vol keys would still silence the call. For those times i am in a meeting and forgot to turn the sound off, it is nice to reach down and hit the vol key to silence the event.

Also, I just downloaded the trial version, and if I hit a key that triggers a Butler event more than once in a few seconds, I get the register reminder. It is more than annoying, when it is triggered 5 times in 30 seconds. I realize this is necessary for gettng people to register, but it almost made testing all the features impossible. Give me a couple of days before you start buzzing me with the reminders.
    LED Issues
    Originally posted by Leeladisky
    I have the LED status set to solid orange for a voicemail. I have a Sprint CDMA phone and its not working... am I missing something?
    The voice mail LED is no longer working for me either. I have tried fast green as well as solid orange.

Key Guard Issues
    The timeout selection no longer allows you to select number of seconds. I tried adjusting to 5 seconds but as soon as I get out of TB it reverts back to 10 seconds.

Couple of Suggestions:
    You may want to consider making the Treo Butler's default opening screen as a clock alongwith a series of buttons or tabs at the bottom of the screen for other options since clock/alarm is most likely going to be most frequently visited screen once TB stabilizes completely. This may also help you to market this app more effectively as a clock replacement.

If one selects MP3 as alarm option perhaps TB should invoke the pTunes console at the bottom of the screen to allow easier control along with the aforementioned clock. This will make alarm operation more convenient.
  13.    #13  
    Hmm...

not the best treo butler release so far (and there have been some bugs in the past!)

So - Dr Tango - perhaps it's not just you jinxed on the phone answer - the keyguard for phone is locking all keypresses on my phone as well. The good news is that as I have the problem - I should be able to fix it!
    Incidentally - though I'm not sure why - all keys seem to be getting blocked if a phone call comes in - fixing this should also mean that other keys will work again (e.g. vol key to mute)

Hopefully you'll see a fix on Wed. In the meantime - answering by tapping the screen works for me (if you want an ugly workaround!)

KeyGuard Timeout - I know what's causing that - again fix on Wed.

All Forums - thanks for the suggestion on the front page - I'll definitely consider it. One of the reasons I put the alarm at the bottom of the list was so it was quickly accessible by rocker keys!

Re pocket tunes console - do you think this is still necessary given the fact that ok-ing the alarm now turns off any MP3s?

Re Nags - Yup I think they're a bit over the top at the moment. they're meant to annoy and I will keep them on the same basis (1 in n operations triggers the nag. N changes depending on the operation.) but I'll reduce the frequency for some of the operations.

so - keep the faith - TB is getting towards a stable release.
    Other than fixing bugs - what's on the to-do list is;

Second alarm
    Ability to specify days that alarms go off
    ability to set active time for attention grabber

Cheers!

Edit - further bug. You might be able to answer calls with the phone keyguard on by tapping the screen - but you can't hang up. I suggest you do not use the phone keyguard until the next version!
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 02/02/2004 at 12:00 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    I'm glad it's not just me! As an aside, when a call comes in I'm locked out of all screen interaction--even tapping the screen does nothing until the phone stops ringing.

John
    Re pocket tunes console - do you think this is still necessary given the fact that ok-ing the alarm now turns off any MP3s?
    I reverted back to version 0.996 so I have not tested any new functionality re turning off the alarm (the voicemail indicator is very important to me and it works withversion 0.996.) If you have already incorporated it then great ... I would not suggest you to add the console option as it may unneccesarily make the code longer thereby also increasing the chances for additional bugs!

Looking forward to the Wednesday release ...
  16.    #16  
    It was a stupid = rather than == bug. I still haven't quite got used to C...

Anyway - the only keys that should now be blocked are space, return and delete. Everything else should do it's normal job.

I'll fix the keyguard timing thing for Wed.

You can see I'm itching to get to 1.0 - though was perhaps a bit overoptimistic with 0.999 !

Edit: attachment removed - improved version further down thread
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 02/06/2004 at 09:28 AM.
    Hobbyist Software
    God Save the Queen! Can't find anything wrong! I'll keep looking, but so far looks good to me.....

Thanks
    John
    'Use Alternate KeyGuard': Auto-Off set for 5 seconds. Nothing happens. What is supposed to happen? And when?
    CV-

Did find a little quirk, present in previous versions--when the Alarm sets off an MP3, you get the music and vibrating and tone ringing, all at once--am I missing something in the settings? I've turned it all off when alarming to MP3 but I seem to get the MP3 AND the alert/vibration from the alert manager. Works great to wake me up, but would rather just have the music.

John
    As ALL_Forums mentioned above the VMail LED alert is no longer working on the Sprint CDMA version. This was on 0.9991 update.

Other then that I have had no issues with 0.9991.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast